★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Holiday Sale 33% off!

"I like the game, it has an old-school feel to it and at the same time
brings something new to the table when it comes to the control scheme." - Jason Lee, Nine Over Ten 9/10

"If you [want some] interesting gameplay, but [are] sick of them puzzle games, Jetsom Sam is the way to go." -- nineoverten.com

When an alien armada invades the Earth, can a boy and his rocket boots make a difference? You are Jetsom Sam - leap over rooftops, dive down to smash enemy robots and alien soldiers, zip through massive machinery, and find the one person who really matters to you. And maybe just save the world along the way!

Features

* Intense arcade gameplay
* Simple, innovative control scheme designed specifically for the iPhone
* 3 worlds, each with its own play style
* 37 levels with branching paths
* 5 level types with different goals
* 30 types of enemies and obstacles
* Endless mode with an online scoreboard
12-10-2009, 01:20 PM
An Innovative Platformer

My name is Richard Lester, the designer for Jetsom Sam, and I am proud to release this game. I believe that it has the capability to appeal both to casual players and hardcore gamers with its unique control scheme. By touching where you wish to jump, you can worry less about how to jump where you want, and more on where to jump, allowing extremely fast paced action game-play which would be too difficult to accomplish on a standard joystick. Please give this game a try and give us feedback about what you like, and what needs improvement. If there is support for this game we would like to release additional content for it as well. Let us know what you think by posting, or by emailing richard.lester@plasmaworks.com

Thank you for your interest
Richard Lester and Plasmaworks
12-10-2009, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaworksDev-Richard View Post
My name is Richard Lester, the designer for Jetsom Sam, and I am proud to release this game. I believe that it has the capability to appeal both to casual players and hardcore gamers with its unique control scheme. By touching where you wish to jump, you can worry less about how to jump where you want, and more on where to jump, allowing extremely fast paced action game-play which would be too difficult to accomplish on a standard joystick. Please give this game a try and give us feedback about what you like, and what needs improvement. If there is support for this game we would like to release additional content for it as well. Let us know what you think by posting, or by emailing richard.lester@plasmaworks.com

Thank you for your interest
Richard Lester and Plasmaworks
Welcome to TA, and thanks for posting! We love seeing developers here, and it almost always generates interest in games when they are supported by devs. I'll definitely keep my eye on this. Good luck!

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
12-10-2009, 01:33 PM
It certainly looks fun. Welcome To the forums Richard.

GameCenter: rich_952000
I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
@dick_952000 Love TouchArcade? Hit up their Patreon
12-25-2009, 02:36 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
have anybody tried this one...looks interesting.
12-25-2009, 02:45 PM
this actually looks quite enjoyable!

Beta tester of 54 games
Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
Thats a nice lookin gun.