Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-15-2012, 11:42 PM
Developer
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
Now, all the people who complain about the prevalence of IAPs on the platform have a responsibility to buy this game at launch. Put up or shut up, I say.

The new Rose concept art is phenomenal. What a way to distinguish the game from RE -- in fact, I get an Alan Wake vibe from that image.
That's the final version of Rose design, as Rose is an Inspector we've put that one as the main clothes (the default one), the rest are part of unlockable content (that you'll get when playing the game).
However, we are revising the concept right now, we will provably put out an other new sketch by tomorrow with an improved version of Rose Inspector. Something that people will remember as original mind you. I would like you guys to compare and let me know what you think.
Cheers,
Old 02-16-2012, 01:53 AM
Developer
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Just got the volumetric lighting working on the iPad2/iPhone4S, objects can occlude the light and looks surprisingly realistic, image attached.
And don't worry about the flashlight position, it will be mounted on her left hand.
Note: This kind of lighting is the same used on Alan Wake and will only be available to high end mobile devices.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg volumetric_lighting.jpg (73.8 KB, 48 views)

Last edited by tatoforever; 02-16-2012 at 03:16 AM..
Old 02-16-2012, 04:13 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatoforever View Post
No,
We dont want to sell any part of the game. If we sell something it will be a full episode with new levels, objectives and characters but not tiny parts of the game (weapons, items clothes). All that stuff will come out of the box with the game. And there's a very huge selection.
Cheers,

This is probably one of the few times I've ever heard this in the past year or so.
Old 02-16-2012, 04:27 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Hello guys,
I want to show you some of the new stuff coming.
I've attached a new concept for the final version of Rose (our main character), this will be the default costume in our game (like a real inspector), the rest will be unlockable clothes that you'll get through the game. You will have a total of 4 costumes to unlock!.

PS: The teaser is almost done. hopefully we will launch it the next week. I'll keep you up to date!
Cheers,
Great news,waiting until the game will have its premiere and will go to the app store
Old 02-18-2012, 05:16 AM
Developer
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

The last (and improved) version of Final Clothes for Rose (the images on the middle and left).
A side by side comparison, notice the slight changes.
Let me know if you like it!
Enjoy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rose_Hawkins_3.jpg (79.3 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg RoseHawkinsRight.jpg (79.3 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg RoseHawkinsBack.jpg (68.5 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by tatoforever; 02-25-2012 at 02:15 PM..
Old 02-18-2012, 06:56 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 4.x

Great job,she's looking good
Old 02-18-2012, 07:17 AM

Quote:
The last (and improved) version of Final Clothes for Rose (the image on the left).
A side by side comparison, notice the slight changes.
Let me know if you like it!
Enjoy.
Well, I think both look great, though the fur collar perhaps displays a bit more personality. In general, though, I really like the direction you've taken here. The Jill Valentine look was fun and all, but this Rose feels like a real person, rather than an action heroine. As capable as she may be in the game, I can definitely see myself empathizing with her as a character, which will make the game much, much scarier.

As an aside, I've been playing the new RE on the 3DS, and even though it's a decent game, it is really not scary at all (in 4 hours of play there's been one tense scene). In a way, it plays more like a slow action title with annoyingly underpowered guns than a true survival horror game - mainly because the characters are all super-agent types who are taking the whole thing in stride.

The new art for Rose is a good sign that your team understands what makes horror work. Can't wait for the game.
Old 02-18-2012, 12:17 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

She definitely looks more like a detective/cop. Great work!
Old 02-18-2012, 01:20 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

I tried for years to warn people that it they refused to buy premium games at a premium price that things would not end well.

I'll buy this game at premium price. I question any devs that spends this much time in development for an iOS game. I appreciate the commitment, but I have my doubts as to whether it will be rewarded. I don't think Mission Europa went well, in terms of sales, for a game with at least a year and a half of development time. There is a such thing as a point of diminishing returns, and we are flirting with it here. I hope this game sells well. Like I said, I will buy it. But I am only one person.

It looks great. I hope it delivers on the gameplay though. I'm going to trust it will.
Old 02-18-2012, 02:23 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

I think with the right marketing, and word of mouth, this should be an awesome game. Look at warm gun. They first got a lot of recognition, but couldn't hold up in the app store cause it didn't deliver and couldn't hold up. I think this game will hold up, and as people see it on the top 25, there will be more sales for sure.