Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-14-2012, 06:48 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

I have been following this game since 2009.
Still i hope that game run on Ipod Touch 4g 32gb
Old 03-14-2012, 06:52 PM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creamer2010 View Post
I have been following this game since 2009.
Still i hope that game run on Ipod Touch 4g 32gb
I doubt it. The minimum requirements are devices with A5 chip.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:41 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatoforever View Post
Imagine the same video but with post-process turned off, shadows, skin shaders, volumetric lights, Depth of field, local reflections, less smoke density and all the goodness removed. xD
We are in the process of thinking to remove support for such devices as immersion is totally different when those effects are turned off.
And to be honest, we don't really care about selling 50% more copies, we want to make the game look exactly the same everywhere and of course immerse the players equally. Leaving the iPad2 and iPhone4S (A5 cores) as the minimum requirement.
I think I'll have to agree with your idea to make it an a5 minimum requirement.
Removal of the affects for lower devices will certainly take away from the atmosphere of the game and probably lead to criticism of the developer.
I'm in the lucky position of changing devices every year so I want to see the current hardware optimised as best as possible.
But if I wasn't in that position, I still wouldn't want a game that has all the good parts taken out just so the developer can make a quick extra buck.
So, I applaud your stance in bringing the best possible visuals and cinematic like atmosphere, but I also have to admire the obvious pride ye have in the game to the extent that ye are unwilling to dilute the experience. Well done.
And to back up your claim of reduced visuals diluting a game experience, I'll use IB2 as a perfect example for me, and I know you said it didn't affect the game but I originally had it on an iPhone 4, and iPad 2 on iOS 4. Made the jump to iOS 5 and on the iPad, to me, it made a difference with shadows and other effects. Changed the iPhone to the 4s and the difference was massive. It was like a completely new visual experience that certainly changed my opinion of the game on the iPhone. In relation to the iPad, every game I've ever played is better on the iPad than the iPhone so far, but that's obvious.
So, to make a long story a bit shorter, stand by your guns, make the best game possible, even if you have to exclude older devices and I look forward to playing it.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:58 PM
Developer
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip73 View Post
I think I'll have to agree with your idea to make it an a5 minimum requirement.
Removal of the affects for lower devices will certainly take away from the atmosphere of the game and probably lead to criticism of the developer.
I'm in the lucky position of changing devices every year so I want to see the current hardware optimised as best as possible.
But if I wasn't in that position, I still wouldn't want a game that has all the good parts taken out just so the developer can make a quick extra buck.
So, I applaud your stance in bringing the best possible visuals and cinematic like atmosphere, but I also have to admire the obvious pride ye have in the game to the extent that ye are unwilling to dilute the experience. Well done.
And to back up your claim of reduced visuals diluting a game experience, I'll use IB2 as a perfect example for me, and I know you said it didn't affect the game but I originally had it on an iPhone 4, and iPad 2 on iOS 4. Made the jump to iOS 5 and on the iPad, to me, it made a difference with shadows and other effects. Changed the iPhone to the 4s and the difference was massive. It was like a completely new visual experience that certainly changed my opinion of the game on the iPhone. In relation to the iPad, every game I've ever played is better on the iPad than the iPhone so far, but that's obvious.
So, to make a long story a bit shorter, stand by your guns, make the best game possible, even if you have to exclude older devices and I look forward to playing it.
Tanks for the kind words and support, appreciated.
What i was trying to say regarding IB2 and FM is that, if you don't have an A5 device you can still play IB (even if it look less better) but in our case is probably worse as lighting, shadows and post-process are part of the gameplay itself which gets heavily affected if they get turned off. That's why we decided to simply remove old devices support and focus on current and future hardware only.
King regards,

Last edited by tatoforever; 03-15-2012 at 12:02 AM..
Old 03-15-2012, 01:11 AM
Developer
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by redribbon View Post
@tato, I'm still following FM really close and thats a really nice trailer. i just can't imagine this game running on the new iPad with its native retina resolution + all the goodies effect you put in the game. really awesome and i hope it won't be too long from this stage. regarding your statement above about this game only support the a5 chip + to run, all I'm saying is that is the right decision for you to make.
Tanks, appreciated!
Regards from Team Psychoz.
Old 03-15-2012, 02:05 AM
Developer
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3mooonuel View Post
Oh great!!...

I'm going to android ......
Why not save the money for a new Apple device?

Last edited by tatoforever; 03-15-2012 at 02:09 AM..
Old 03-15-2012, 02:11 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Anyway, I am upgrading my iPhone 3GS to the new iPhone or iPhone 5 by fall, so I am safe. Just wondering if characters' mouth will move when they talk or it's going to be like Gameloft games where thier mouth is closed or they act jittery?i hope you get what I am saying.

Last edited by Red1; 03-15-2012 at 05:09 AM..
Old 03-15-2012, 02:16 AM
Developer
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wediafom24 View Post

Anyway, I am upgrading my iPhone 3GS to the new iPhone or iPhone 5 by fall, so I am safe. Just wondering if characters' mouth will move when they talk or it's going to be like Gameloft games where thier mouth is closed or they act jittery?i hope you get what I am saying.
All our characters (that have a face) features facial muscles with a huge set of emotions and phonemes with lipsync for realistic life-like cinematics. So yeah, expect a lots of facial emotions.
Also, character face emotions react real-time (ingame) while playing.
Cheers,
Old 03-15-2012, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
Afterlife and...? (And I'm giving you Afterlife, since Trendy has said nothing about required hardware).
That god of war-like game, infinity of god or something for example. Let's see the requirements for this .

Anyway i have nothing against a developer wanting to make a game for the most advanced device , what i hate is this trend of presenting games years before release when the devices that will play them won't be out for years and not even admitting that what we are seeing will be played on devices that won't be available for sometime .

I'll take iron monkey and their beautiful games over any of these developers every time ....
Old 03-15-2012, 04:22 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatoforever View Post
In some poses she does probably because of the ambient/scene lighting, but the style still mature-photorealistic. And yes, that's how the game looks like.
Awesome! Would've responded earlier, but uh I fell asleep. Early.. Too early..