★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Forgotten Memories - A psychological survival horror

03-15-2012, 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoseven View Post
You're still going to buy it though.

Honestly, if everything that's planned for this game works, there will be nothing like it on iOS. (note: I'm not involved with the coding/design/gameplay in any way, so my information is only slightly deeper than yours)
Am I? I don't know. I've been so out of the iOS loop thanks to the 3DS that I am finding it hard to care about iOS games in general.

わたしのねこはがこうえいきます。
私の猫は学校絵行きます。
03-15-2012, 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterChief3624 View Post
Am I? I don't know. I've been so out of the iOS loop thanks to the 3DS that I am finding it hard to care about iOS games in general.
Funny: I just sold my 3DS because it was such a piece of crap .

03-15-2012, 07:32 PM
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Through the rain.
Posts: 480
I find master chiefs sig ... Most amusing Also, I only really enjoyed a DS or most other Nintendo handhelds when I was younger, but now the only other dedicated mobile platform I enjoy is the Sony handhelds. iOS has pretty much replaced those in general though.

I'm just so sick of breathing!
GC-Ghostz
03-15-2012, 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostz View Post
I find master chiefs sig ... Most amusing Also, I only really enjoyed a DS or most other Nintendo handhelds when I was younger, but now the only other dedicated mobile platform I enjoy is the Sony handhelds. iOS has pretty much replaced those in general though.
I really was just being a punk. And no, we're not discussing 3DSs or Vitas on this thread.
03-15-2012, 07:58 PM
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Through the rain.
Posts: 480
Sorryz, just my $ 0.02. . Back to subject ^_^

I'm just so sick of breathing!
GC-Ghostz
03-16-2012, 04:34 AM
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Cardiff, UK
Posts: 353
There's an updated Q&A article over at Slidetoplay.
http://www.slidetoplay.com/story/sli...nd-a-forgotten

...

Now this is a question to Tato:
In the article, it mentions that you are replacing the buttons with "natural touch gestures". That sounds great! But I was a little confused, because the images of the game playing on the iPad 2 show the buttons.
03-16-2012, 04:46 AM
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: The red Skittle
Posts: 5,765
Quote:
Originally Posted by barl View Post
There's an updated Q&A article over at Slidetoplay.
http://www.slidetoplay.com/story/sli...nd-a-forgotten

...

Now this is a question to Tato:
In the article, it mentions that you are replacing the buttons with "natural touch gestures". That sounds great! But I was a little confused, because the images of the game playing on the iPad 2 show the buttons.
Think melee attacks in Dead Space - those used touch gestures as well.

As far as I know (and until it is confirmed, take my words with a pinch of salt), the idea is to still have buttons, but replace as many of the controls as possible with gestures. There are just too many controls to get rid of buttons altogether.



Need professional proofreading, editing or writing that won't break your budget?
Contact me at youarelowonhealth.com or via PM.
03-16-2012, 04:54 AM
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Cardiff, UK
Posts: 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoseven View Post
Think melee attacks in Dead Space - those used touch gestures as well.

As far as I know (and until it is confirmed, take my words with a pinch of salt), the idea is to still have buttons, but replace as many of the controls as possible with gestures. There are just too many controls to get rid of buttons altogether.
I understand. If Tato and his team can't replace all the buttons with gestures, then I at least hope they do something to make them look nicer. Right now they are the only thing in the game (that I've seen so far) that doesn't look great.
03-16-2012, 05:04 AM
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: The red Skittle
Posts: 5,765
Quote:
Originally Posted by barl View Post
I understand. If Tato and his team can't replace all the buttons with gestures, then I at least hope they do something to make them look nicer. Right now they are the only thing in the game (that I've seen so far) that doesn't look great.
I doubt that UI is final, especially not while they're still considering how to hide as many buttons as possible. We'll see more later on.



Need professional proofreading, editing or writing that won't break your budget?
Contact me at youarelowonhealth.com or via PM.
03-16-2012, 07:28 PM
Joined: May 2009
Location: Montréal
Posts: 2,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteplayer3d View Post
The main attraction of the game is unfortunately graphics. Everyone who plays Silent Hill Origins on old PSP knows that is possible to create an amazing game for less powerful devices...

(sorry for my english, again)
Not only graphics, Forgotten Memories is also about fear oriented gameplay, about character psychology and development. In other words, the story plot will rock your pants out. Very deep and emotional.

Last edited by tatoforever; 03-16-2012 at 07:30 PM.