Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-13-2012, 05:45 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatoforever View Post
A new video guys:
YouTube: video
Not really a gameplay video, it's a graphical highlight running on the iPad2. You can notice, dynamic lighting and shadows, pixel shaders, cloth and skin deformation and simultaneous post effects (Desaturation, Wave/Wiggles, Frames, Noises)!
We are right now finishing the boss fights and we'll soon enter in the polish phase! In my next video i will show you in deep gameplay interaction: riddles/puzzles, more enemies/boss fights and more dynamic systems.
Warm regards from Team Psychoz!

I call it iOS revolution
New quality level of iOS gaming...
Old 10-13-2012, 06:31 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
A new video guys:
YouTube: video
Not really a gameplay video, it's a graphical highlight running on the iPad2. You can notice, dynamic lighting and shadows, pixel shaders, cloth and skin deformation and simultaneous post effects (Desaturation, Wave/Wiggles, Frames, Noises)!
We are right now finishing the boss fights and we'll soon enter in the polish phase! In my next video i will show you in deep gameplay interaction: riddles/puzzles, more enemies/boss fights and more dynamic systems.
Warm regards from Team Psychoz!
2:18 Nice effect
Old 10-13-2012, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redribbon View Post
if all this are true then ill be more than happy to wait for another 6 more months

btw, the video looks great. but tato....i didnt see any real time shadow? the lights that coming out of the windows is supposed to be real light mapping isnt it? so when our character passing through the light, the shadows should appear. am i...
You didn't notice any realtime shadows? But you noticed the faked moonlight shadows? Very selective vision!
Old 10-13-2012, 01:34 PM
Developer
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexsIpad View Post
Well judging by that recent video and that stuff you just said, I'm guessing this won't work on iPad 1? :'(
Hello Alex!
iPad1 have significant quality reduction (textures, screen, no dynamic pixel lighting/shadows, no post-effects).
There's no magic when it comes to draw polygons and pixels on the screen. (unfortunately).
People asked to be able to play FM on their iPads1 and iTouches4. There you go!
Warm regards from Psychoz-Team.
Old 10-13-2012, 01:42 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Thank you for the response, so you're saying it works? I don't mind that there are graphical reductions, just as long as I can play
Old 10-13-2012, 01:45 PM
Developer
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by redribbon View Post
^^so true
even in this early stage of completion i already amazed by how good the animation of the main character.
@tato, can you please confirm that iphone 5(A6) can handle the full graphic effect smoothly? im not expecting for 60fps, but at least it can run on 30fps without any significant drop.
Everything runs fast on the iPhone5. Shadows have the maximum resolution (2048*2048), textures have maximum resolution, on top of that we have AA running freely. It's a little beast yeah. Unfortunately (even having the same screen resolution) the iTouch5 isn't like the iPhone5, it has internal hardware of iPhone4S but still the video I've shown was A5 hardware (ipad2). On iPad3 and iPhone5 everything is maxed out. Oh yeah, it also runs smoothly!
Cheers,
Old 10-13-2012, 02:51 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Everything runs fast on the iPhone5. Shadows have the maximum resolution (2048*2048), textures have maximum resolution, on top of that we have AA running freely. It's a little beast yeah. Unfortunately (even having the same screen resolution) the iTouch5 isn't like the iPhone5, it has internal hardware of iPhone4S but still the video I've shown was A5 hardware (ipad2). On iPad3 and iPhone5 everything is maxed out. Oh yeah, it also runs smoothly!
Cheers,
Glad to hear it. Can't wait for more gameplay Tato, very impressive work as usual.
Old 10-13-2012, 03:05 PM
Developer
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexsIpad View Post
Thank you for the response, so you're saying it works? I don't mind that there are graphical reductions, just as long as I can play
If you have the chance to upgrade your device, do it. You won't regret (not only for FM but also upcoming games will be enhanced on newer devices).
Cheers,
Old 10-13-2012, 03:06 PM
Developer
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
Glad to hear it. Can't wait for more gameplay Tato, very impressive work as usual.
Soon!
Old 10-13-2012, 03:23 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Got a quick question: did I see shadow casting from multiple light sources in that gameplay vid or were my eyes playing tricks on me?