★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Forgotten Memories - A psychological survival horror

10-14-2012, 08:13 PM
Wow. Thanks a ton for that response, answered a lot of my questions. If I've said it a million times I'll say it again, can't wait for this game.
10-14-2012, 08:27 PM
Hi, Avid iOS gamer here; I've been feeling a bit neglected for my iPhone 4, I don't have the money right now to buy a new iPhone 5 or even a 4S, so my question is, will there be iPhone 4 support, and if so what graphics will be cut and what FPS am I looking at?

10-15-2012, 12:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikilix View Post
Hi, Avid iOS gamer here; I've been feeling a bit neglected for my iPhone 4, I don't have the money right now to buy a new iPhone 5 or even a 4S, so my question is, will there be iPhone 4 support, and if so what graphics will be cut and what FPS am I looking at?
Yes, there's support for iPhone4, the resolution is reduced, only one post-process, no shadows, smaller textures resolutions, the flashlight will work but won't run as fast/smooth as newer devices.
10-15-2012, 10:39 AM
Every enemy encounter is very unique (and stressful). They can surprise you in many ways. In my next video (that will come in the coming days) I'll highlight some stealth techniques from the "hide & seek" system to evade/hide enemies/monsters (while they are patrolling, wandering or even looking for you)!
Furthermore I'm going to show you "la creme de la creme", mini-bosses and huge-boss fights (which are even more interesting than enemies fights) alongside some puzzles/riddles that you'll encounter in Forgotten Memories.
There's more interesting gameplay stuff that I'll keep for the final gameplay video (which will be part of the game trailer)!
Stay tuned for more!
Warm regard from Psychoz Team!
10-15-2012, 01:22 PM
Got (another) question here.

Is that 24 fps for the 4s going to be in the final build or are you not in the optimization stage yet? My understanding is that the a5 chip will get less effects but overall the same framerate as the a6 and a5x.

And do you consider the a6 and/or the a5x as massive an upgrade over the a5 as the a5 was over the a4 chip? We're having a little debate over this in another thread and any clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by JBRUU; 10-15-2012 at 03:01 PM.
10-15-2012, 01:51 PM
The gameplay looks nice. Been somewhat of a horror game fan.
10-15-2012, 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
Got (another) question here.

Is that 24 fps for the 4s going to be in the final build or are you not in the optimization stage yet? My understanding is that the a5 chip will get less effects but overall the same framerate as the a6 and a5x. The low end settings (3GS, iTouch4, iPhone4, iPad1), let us play the game at the same speed as the 4S but without any heavy effect (only flashlight and one post-process).
Right now 24 fps (on super heavy scenes) but it runs on the 30fps range in almost every scene. Optimization phase will let us get closer to 30fps (for the heavy scenes).
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
And do you consider the a6 and/or the a5x as massive an upgrade over the a5 as the a5 was over the a4 chip? We're having a little debate over this in another thread and any clarification would be greatly appreciated.
Yes, it truly really worth the upgrade. The game runs flat 60 fps everywhere with everything at max while 4S doesn't have everything at max and it hardly cross the 30fps bar.
10-15-2012, 06:03 PM
Hi, I've watched this thread for well over a year now and I believe there was word of this game being optimized for PSV. I'm just wondering, is that really in the works?

Anyway the game still looks great and sorry if it's already been asked!
10-15-2012, 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman100 View Post
Hi, I've watched this thread for well over a year now and I believe there was word of this game being optimized for PSV. I'm just wondering, is that really in the works?

Anyway the game still looks great and sorry if it's already been asked!
We will optimize FM to whatever platform it gets ported, that's for sure! But with PSV it really depends on Sony. Forgotten Memories really fits nice on a PSV and we going to send them a version of FM soon to see if they are interested in it.
10-15-2012, 07:02 PM
Ah, I won't hold my breath, then. Thanks anyway!