★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Forgotten Memories - A psychological survival horror

11-27-2012, 12:49 PM
Graphics is not important, if it have a good atmosphere (especially music) and story

e.g.

Silent Hill 1,2 vs SH: Homecoming and Downpour

Watch this -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30WQaRQa4mA

Do you think that without the perfect, detailed graphics is a bad game?

My dream is Indigo Prophecy (Fahrenheit) for iOS...

Last edited by Whiteplayer3d; 11-27-2012 at 01:00 PM.
11-27-2012, 12:54 PM
that's very true.

11-27-2012, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by picoro View Post
i think run very well on iphone 4,this graphics looks like resident evil 3.graphics are not brutal
i am sad because there is few games that not work on iphone4,example bastion
11-27-2012, 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idgeian View Post
Every time I write this it gets deleted.
This game WILL NOT HAPPEN
It's been going to come out for years.
It's one big hoax.
Blimey it was going to come out years ago and the date keeps getting extended and eeextended and eeeeeextended
Your all getting excited for nothing
In a year or two a game will come out that actually is being made and not a promise after a promise after a promise and this game will be a deep forgotten memory ;-))))))
Your posts keep getting deleted because you keep stating something as fact when you know full well it's just an opinion. Posting willfully false statements is not allowed on TA, and in fact will get you banned.

By contrast, fulcizombie (great name, BTW) is stating an opinion ("this thread is pathetic") as an opinion, so his posts don't get deleted. It's that simple.

As to how long should an iPhone game be in development, there's an old dictum in project management that goes: you can have something cheap, fast, or good -- choose two. iOS development has to be cheap, so you can either make a quick cookie-cutter game or you are going to take a really long time to make something special. Right now I'm beta testing Ravensword 2, which was originally announced before FM. Sh@t happens: funding dries up, programmers get day jobs, the whole studio shifts focus to a work-for-hire project. Indie development is, by definition, precarious.

As long as the developer is giving us regular updates, I'll gladly give him the benefit of the doubt. Obviously you don't have to, and it's fine if you don't. But anyone coming to this thread and making pronouncement that "the game is dead" without having direct information on the matter is going to have their posts deleted (and will eventually get banned if they keep at it).
11-27-2012, 09:13 PM
+1 ^
11-28-2012, 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
Your posts keep getting deleted because you keep stating something as fact when you know full well it's just an opinion. Posting willfully false statements is not allowed on TA, and in fact will get you banned.

By contrast, fulcizombie (great name, BTW) is stating an opinion ("this thread is pathetic") as an opinion, so his posts don't get deleted. It's that simple.

As to how long should an iPhone game be in development, there's an old dictum in project management that goes: you can have something cheap, fast, or good -- choose two. iOS development has to be cheap, so you can either make a quick cookie-cutter game or you are going to take a really long time to make something special. Right now I'm beta testing Ravensword 2, which was originally announced before FM. Sh@t happens: funding dries up, programmers get day jobs, the whole studio shifts focus to a work-for-hire project. Indie development is, by definition, precarious.

As long as the developer is giving us regular updates, I'll gladly give him the benefit of the doubt. Obviously you don't have to, and it's fine if you don't. But anyone coming to this thread and making pronouncement that "the game is dead" without having direct information on the matter is going to have their posts deleted (and will eventually get banned if they keep at it).
Yes i take your comments on board, but my views of my opinions are that the game wont ever happen, i didnt actually say i know it for a fact and have concrete evidence of it, but it was my opinion.
So i take your comments on board and i DO NOT wish to offend anyone.
Look, i want a game like this to happen more than anyone as i love the silent hills, the resident evils and the games we used to play on PS1, and for anyone who is really old the old Scott Adams text only adventures, they all built the road for the progression of these kind of games, but with how long its taking and all the hope thats given to everyone my opinion is that funding will dry, technology will improve (it does every 12 months) and the game that is said to be in development will be outdated before it appears, so i just dont think it will happen, in my opinion :~)
11-28-2012, 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post

Yes i take your comments on board, but my views of my opinions are that the game wont ever happen, i didnt actually say i know it for a fact and have concrete evidence of it, but it was my opinion.
So i take your comments on board and i DO NOT wish to offend anyone.
Look, i want a game like this to happen more than anyone as i love the silent hills, the resident evils and the games we used to play on PS1, and for anyone who is really old the old Scott Adams text only adventures, they all built the road for the progression of these kind of games, but with how long its taking and all the hope thats given to everyone my opinion is that funding will dry, technology will improve (it does every 12 months) and the game that is said to be in development will be outdated before it appears, so i just dont think it will happen, in my humble opinion :~)
11-28-2012, 12:18 PM
Why would a company that is developing an iOS game go out their way to make a game website that's not compatable with iOS devices?

Please make a non flash version
11-28-2012, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ip4weather View Post
i am sad because there is few games that not work on iphone4,example bastion
previous version work, i think is for marketing.

force to the people for buy new device.

bastion on iphone 4s /5 is crap.

is much better on ipad 3/4 for big screen.

Last edited by picoro; 11-28-2012 at 12:29 PM.
11-28-2012, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by picoro View Post
previous version work, i think is for marketing.

force to the people for buy new device.
And to take advantage of the hardware in newer devices.