★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Forgotten Memories - A psychological survival horror

01-17-2013, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidgoku123 View Post
why not wait for two years and let the game become free then you would not have to even pay for it!
Hehe.
01-17-2013, 01:25 PM
Quote:
that's great,I think the game should never be sold for less than 10$ on appstore.what do you think?
I would like to see peoples opinion about FM once we get really close to release and let them decide an honest (but also competitive) price for the game.

01-17-2013, 01:26 PM
Quote:
why not wait for two years and let the game become free then you would not have to even pay for it!
In two years, I'll let him get FM free if he buys FM2.
01-17-2013, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatoforever View Post
Yes,
Shadowmap resolution, images effects, antialiasing techniques, shader quality, texture resolutions, texture filtering, etc. You'll be able to set a downscaler resolution value which is computed as device resolution * downscaller that ranges from 0.1 to 1.0. For example screen height*0.7 will give you 70% of pixels, useful to save fill rate. That result is then upscaled into the device native resolution (aka stretching pixels) so it covers the entire screen.
We of course set a predefined configuration based on each device that we judge as optimum, but you can turn whatever on/off and make the game run faster or slower, prettier or uglier.
Cheers,
Damn. I'm a hardcore settings tweaked on PC and I don't know what a few of those are.

Lemme see if I have this straight:
A6/A6X: 60FPS with maxed out settings
A5/A5X: 30-45FPS with nearly maxed out settings, texture quality reduced
A4: 25-35FPS with low settings, only one light source and low texture quality.
01-17-2013, 01:28 PM
I'm adding NOAH picture, otherwise other peoples won't be able to see it.
Again, this a sweet sexy character from the game. Image effects are done in real-time (sepia an noise filters). Jpg compression artifacts aren't part of those filters.
Enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TFR5F0D.tmp.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	52057  
01-17-2013, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
Damn. I'm a hardcore settings tweaked on PC and I don't know what a few of those are.

Lemme see if I have this straight:
A6/A6X: 60FPS with maxed out settings
A5/A5X: 30-45FPS with nearly maxed out settings, texture quality reduced
A4: 25-35FPS with low settings, only one light source and low texture quality.
You got a pretty accurate guess. You are right.
01-17-2013, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatoforever View Post
I would like to see peoples opinion about FM once we get really close to release and let them decide an honest (but also competitive) price for the game.
I'd actually be willing to pay $10 for this, easily. I'm sure many others feel similarly.

$10 is today's iOS "serious gaming" price. Too much for the kids. Imminently affordable for those of us who earn a living, and not too much to elicit too much of an Internet stink.

I say go for $10!
01-17-2013, 01:33 PM
Still amazed that you got this to run on A4 devices that well, seriously that's a big accomplishment IMO. Look at the Walking Dead - it's mostly realtime rendered cinematics and it runs at about 20FPS with constant crashes on A4.
01-17-2013, 01:34 PM
Quote:
but then he would wait another two years for FM2 to become free.
This!!
01-17-2013, 01:34 PM
Quote:
but then he would wait another two years for FM2 to become free.
That could go on forever in a loop!
Speaking of time and releases, now that our framework is completed (or almost completed ) we will introduce at least 1 game yearly. The biggest development time spend was for our gameplay framework (F.O.G) and lot of researches/development into graphics techniques too. But they will be the foundations of our future games and hopefully we should release with that solid based all kind of horror games more often (instead of a 3 years time frame base).
Cheers,