Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-23-2013, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatoforever View Post
Correct,
Camera follows the character (but doesn't follow his back) in exploration mode. You can freely move the character in camera space (relative to it), because we think it's easier than tank controls. When you are in aim (or combat) mode, camera do follow the character and will always sit on his back (as in Dead Space). In aim mode, you can strafe the character and rotate him in character space (relative to himself), again similar to Dead Space.
Last but not long, In both modes you'll be able to control camera rotations which is very smooth btw.
Camera and character control/movement is really important for us, we don't take such features slightly. We've made them in a way that feels naturally so you don't even have to think about it.
I'm a bit busy now, I'll try to answer other questions later.
Warm regards to all you guys!
A game to be good, need good controls, and those need to be natural, both character and camera controls. With the videos we have until now, I get the feeling that this feature is coming out very smoothly.
I kinda like the tank controls type, but in the end, it looks like that the cameras choosen by you guys give the player more freedom, and with this, the game can get more immersive.
But, I dont know, why not consider giving the option to choose the kind of camera ? something like, you finish the game once, and it becomes available as an option maybe, I dunno, just ideas.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:43 PM
Developer
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

New images of Noah, this time specularity and self diffuse have been risen a bit to highlights details (otherwise you won't be able to see her at all).
Tell me what you think about it.
More stuff soon!
Enjoy!

[EDIT] Those image doesn't have any Anti-Aliasing or post-effect, watch out your eyes! Just-in-case. ^^
Attached Images
File Type: png Noah_1.png (741.4 KB, 22 views)
File Type: png Noah_2.png (449.5 KB, 14 views)
File Type: png Noah_3.png (724.2 KB, 12 views)
File Type: png Noah_4.png (753.3 KB, 8 views)
File Type: png Noah_5.png (713.9 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Noah_6.jpg (85.6 KB, 16 views)

Last edited by tatoforever; 01-24-2013 at 02:01 PM..
Old 01-24-2013, 01:55 PM
Developer
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by jujumafon View Post
A game to be good, need good controls, and those need to be natural, both character and camera controls. With the videos we have until now, I get the feeling that this feature is coming out very smoothly.
I kinda like the tank controls type, but in the end, it looks like that the cameras choosen by you guys give the player more freedom, and with this, the game can get more immersive.
But, I dont know, why not consider giving the option to choose the kind of camera ? something like, you finish the game once, and it becomes available as an option maybe, I dunno, just ideas.
You mean, let the user chose between full follow behind (as in Dead Space) or a more freedom one (what we currently have) but statically (always with that camera mode)?
We have a combination of both which work nice, however we would like to see what beta testers think about our new approach. Till now, every single person that played FM (internally) has fallen in love with our new approach, better wait and see for yourself.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:58 PM

too big breast imho =)
Old 01-24-2013, 02:00 PM
Developer
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by anouk82 View Post
I'm looking forword to your answers...
You'll be able to configure everything that can affect the quality of your game even for low-end devices (that support all features).
Texture resolution, depth resolution, shadows resolution, lighting quality, shader quality, override the screen resolution (not higher than device native resolution but lower), image effects (SSAA, motion blur, desaturation, soft-shadows, etc). Everything will be tweakable.
Warm regards,
Old 01-24-2013, 02:06 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Looking nice! Are the faces going to be animated ingame?

Quote:
You mean, let the user chose between full follow behind (as in Dead Space) or a more freedom one (what we currently have) but statically (always with that camera mode)?
We have a combination of both which work nice, however we would like to see what beta testers think about our new approach. Till now, every single person that played FM (internally) has fallen in love with our new approach, better wait and see for yourself.
So let me try and figure this out...there's "exploration mode" where you control the character via virtual joysticks it's full 360 movement/camera control. The camera is a little farther out, like the vid.

Then there's "aim mode" where it's like Dead Space/RE5 over the shoulder with slower movement. That about right?

Last edited by JBRUU; 01-24-2013 at 02:08 PM..
Old 01-24-2013, 02:08 PM
Developer
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
Of course! Body and facial mocap (and tweaked by hand) animations.
Old 01-24-2013, 02:09 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Of course! Body and facial mocap (and tweaked by hand) animations.
Oooh motion capture. They did that in MC4 an I must say WOW. There is really a huge difference.
Old 01-24-2013, 02:10 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Those shots from a 4s?

Edit: nvm. It's a crop from Unity engine editor.
Old 01-24-2013, 02:13 PM
Developer
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post

So let me try and figure this out...there's "exploration mode" where you control the character via virtual joysticks it's full 360 movement/camera control. The camera is a little farther out, like the vid.

Then there's "aim mode" where it's like Dead Space/RE5 over the shoulder with slower movement. That about right?
Yes,
For the combat mode it's exactly like Dead Space for both (camera and character movements). You can freely switch between those modes and it's done (as seen in the video) very smoothly.