★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: This is our FREE holiday version of the our original game "B.I.T.S Pinball" which was featured recently in New and Noteworthy and Hot New Games.

Do you have what it takes to be a pinball wizard and compete against people around the world for top spot? Can you handle 20 balls on the table at once? B.I.T.S isn't another pinball simulator, here are some of the features:

B.I.T.S mode

The main feature of the table is B.I.T.S mode. There are 5 B.I.T.S levels. Each level is subsequently worth more points and you receive bonuses for destroying all the B.I.T.S on a level.

Ball Cloner

Once the ball cloner is enabled you have 60 seconds to clone your ball as many times as you can.

Power Ups

There are 3 hologram phases. After activating the hologram you can get the power-up by passing the ball through the hologram.

Multi-ball Mayhem

If you complete all 5 B.I.T.S levels you'll enter this mode. For 20 seconds a new ball will spawn each second.

bluebearstudio's comments:
Our Free version of B.I.T.S Pinball Candiballs recently hit the App Store.

Description:
This is our holiday version of the our original game "B.I.T.S Pinball" which was featured recently in New and Noteworthy and Hot New Games.

Do you have what it takes to be a pinball wizard and compete against people around the world for top spot? Can you handle 20 balls on the table at once? B.I.T.S isn't another pinball simulator, here are some of the features:

B.I.T.S mode

The main feature of the table is B.I.T.S mode. There are 5 B.I.T.S levels. Each level is subsequently worth more points and you receive bonuses for destroying all the B.I.T.S on a level.

Ball Cloner

Once the ball cloner is enabled you have 60 seconds to clone your ball as many times as you can.

Power Ups

There are 3 hologram phases. After activating the hologram you can get the power-up by passing the ball through the hologram.

Multi-ball Mayhem

If you complete all 5 B.I.T.S levels you'll enter this mode. For 20 seconds a new ball will spawn each second.

Youtube link | Pop Up

iTunes Link

website: http://www.ballinthesystem.com/candiballs/index.html
twitter: http://www.twitter.com/bluebearstudio
12-10-2009, 12:19 AM
Wow, just great. I have had you all on my Twitter follow list for some time now and never really checked into B.I.T.S. But I just tried this free version and I'll tell you, I've already, after a few games, had more fun with this than I had with Pinball Dreams. I payed $5 for it and it just felt "off" to me. The ball physics in B.I.T.S feel and act really well. The game runs absolutely flawlessly too. Thanks for the free version and I'll be looking into the paid version soon. Nice touch and extra incentive putting Open Feint in the full.

GameCenter: rich_952000
I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
@dick_952000 Love TouchArcade? Hit up their Patreon

12-10-2009, 12:23 AM
hey rich thanks for the great feedback! We are doing the same thing with our original version of B.I.T.S Pinball. We currently have a version with OpenFeint support and a free version that are currently waiting for an Apple review. I'll post here when they get the green light.

BTW, there is currently a bug in the paid version that prevent highscores from being submitted to OpenFeint (achievements are functional). We are working with Apple to get this resolved shortly. Just thought I'd let you know so you can decide if you want to hold off for the update before purchasing.

Last edited by bluebearstudio; 12-10-2009 at 12:25 AM.
12-10-2009, 12:40 AM
I'll probably just go ahead and pick it up the last pinball game I played with any regularity on the AppStore was Freeballn' (good fun), but that's been a while back.

I'm glad finally after a month of mindlessly seeing your tweets mixed in here and there, something finally made me pay attention I'll look forward to the bug-fix for OF, this way I can get some practice in and put up decent numbers on the leaderboards when they're running.

I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
12-10-2009, 12:46 AM
I have the original B.I.T.S. (which is awesome ) and am wondering what the difference is between it and this new Candiballs version other than the holiday theme. It looks really nice though!
12-10-2009, 12:50 AM
hey cjsbug,

the only different is the new themes with additional sound effects and OpenFeint support (although the original will have OF support soon). We had bigger plans for a holiday version but unfortunately quickly ran out of time (the 25th of December isn't variable ).

Grab the free version and check it out. I'll let you decide whether it's worth owning both
12-10-2009, 12:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebearstudio View Post
hey cjsbug,

the only different is the new themes with additional sound effects and OpenFeint support (although the original will have OF support soon). We had bigger plans for a holiday version but unfortunately quickly ran out of time (the 25th of December isn't variable ).

Grab the free version and check it out. I'll let you decide whether it's worth owning both
Thanks for your honest response , true about the date deadline. I'm glad you made it.
12-10-2009, 01:09 AM
I just was looking at some AppStore reviews for B.I.T.S. original, and I lol'd. Appearently the only "complaint" some people were lodging was about the ball moving too fast; they should try Pinball Dreams. That game, while decent in some respects, was very unenjoyable because the ball "physics" were on hyper-drive!

Btw, i'll probably pick up both games since you've mentioned the first one will be getting Open Feint as well

Last edited by rich_952000; 12-10-2009 at 01:15 AM.
12-10-2009, 01:15 AM
some of those complaints were valid. We've significantly slowed the ball down since the first release. The biggest problem was that at the time we didn't have a 3GS to test on. The physics on those devices was significantly faster. Of course after playing the game for so long during development we and the testers got good enough that we didn't ever see it as a problem.

We've also fixed a bug in the original that would cause crashes on 2.2.1 devices (I've since acquired and old first gen iPhone to back test on!!). Those were the only negative complaints we really got about the original. It was also featured by Apple so apparently they liked it too and don't test on 3GS devices hehe
12-10-2009, 01:39 AM
Ah, that's understandable. As the Candiballs Free edition is the only one I've played so far, the physics seem spot-on, and the sounds, graphics and animations are excellent, IMO. Not to mention that the table design is awesome; great effects, power-ups etc.