★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Blimp Attack (Heli Attack on your iPhone)

12-10-2009, 07:25 AM
Blimp Attack (Heli Attack on your iPhone)

Blimp Attack
On the App Store!

I just finished my latest iPhone game (My previous games were Gravball and Dr. Arugula, which are both available on the App Store). I've been approved, and am slated for release on December 10. I've been a long time fan of heli attack, and decided I'd like to make something similar for the iPod, so I did. I think it turned out rather well, but I'd love to have some thoughts/crits here for the next update. We are aware that our current highscore system is a little buggy, and we do have full OpenFeint (with achievements) integration currently in review as update 1.1, so that's fairly well covered.

The game features:

- 15 guns (Yes, we put in shotgun rockets, chainguns, flamethrower, and a laser beam, per popular request)

- Online highscores (See how many other people who play this game have no life at all, and feel better about your own healthy interpersonal relationships)

- Choose your own control setup (for those of us who just got an iDevice, and are more used to a DS, we put in a setup that should be easier for you to use, and of course we have the option to use what at this point has become iPod standard fare, the dual control sticks)

Contest:

We are planning an update soon, and need gun ideas. If you can think of the coolest way to shoot down blimps, we'll send you a free promo code to download the game, and your name and weapon will be included in the next update.

Gameplay Video

12-10-2009, 09:28 AM
Arg would rather have a heli attack 3 port.

At least make your character actually look like he's aiming, not just the gun moving =O