★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Ravensword DLC

12-10-2009, 08:34 AM
Send a message via MSN to JoshCM
Ravensword DLC

I just want to get your opinions on whether we should add DLC to Ravensword.
We've just released an update that had quite a few fixes and some new stuff in it, but I was thinking about DLC as a way to get some "cheats" into the game.

Level ups, Gold, Tons of blast arrows, etc. We're obviously working hard on the expansion now, which is another game. People seem to like things like the Amulet of Mana, where you have unlimited magic power.
Any thoughts on this?
12-10-2009, 08:44 AM
I personally wouldn't buy them, less fun.

12-10-2009, 08:59 AM
I would spend a lot more for Ravensword. It's one of the best indie games on the idevices and one of my favorite games in general. So, no problem for me.

EDIT: I was faster writing than reading...
No, I would pay for extra content, but i'm not interested in paying for cheats. I wanna level up myself...

{ Permanently addicted to: 868-HACK }
I perform. Therefore I am. You should book me.
..::: METROCCOLIS :::..
12-10-2009, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by your personal robot View Post
I would spend a lot more for Ravensword. It's one of the best indie games on the idevices and one of my favorite games in general. So, no problem for me.

EDIT: I was faster writing than reading...
No, I would pay for extra content, but i'm not interested in paying for cheats. I wanna level up myself...
No cheats!! More places! More quests! More equipment. I don't care if you give it stats or not, just more!

My friend said to me, "I think the weather's trippy." I said, "No, man, it's not the weather that's trippy, perhaps it is the way that we perceive it that is indeed trippy." Then I thought, "Man, I should've just said, 'Yeah."CS.one R3DC3ll Faction-Join us or die...proud member of TheBeastlyNinja Epic-uber elite comedy crew
12-10-2009, 09:19 AM
It may cheapen the feel of the game a little bit... and I personally would want actually CONTENT for dlc, not extra blast arrows (already having a billion) - you might make a few extra dollars, but if you were going to add dlc, you should add new content that would make people feel that their money was worthwhile.
12-10-2009, 09:21 AM
I have no doubt you'd sell some of the items you mentioned, but paying for cheats really cheapens the game for me personally.

HTML Code:
<name> Noah <!-- hello.wordpress.com -->
<member since> Sept. 2008 <!-- that's 8+ years -->
<title> Senior Applications Developer <!-- CricketWireless.com -->
12-10-2009, 09:26 AM
I don't think this is a good idea, Josh. Check out the Seed thread for a preview of the likely reception. I'll PM you in a bit.
12-10-2009, 09:34 AM
Send a message via MSN to JoshCM
ok - just curious. Adding weapons and new things to the old game will just slow the expansion down, so I'm not sure we'd want to do that.
Thanks for the opinions on it.
12-10-2009, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshCM View Post
ok - just curious. Adding weapons and new things to the old game will just slow the expansion down, so I'm not sure we'd want to do that.
Thanks for the opinions on it.
That's fine, put all the "new stuff", in the expansion and charge some $$. I just want more stuff.

My friend said to me, "I think the weather's trippy." I said, "No, man, it's not the weather that's trippy, perhaps it is the way that we perceive it that is indeed trippy." Then I thought, "Man, I should've just said, 'Yeah."CS.one R3DC3ll Faction-Join us or die...proud member of TheBeastlyNinja Epic-uber elite comedy crew
12-10-2009, 09:56 AM
I actually would totally pay for an add-on pack for this game, but only if it were a new area or something. I guessing might as well just buy the expansion tho.

So will the expansion have all the content of the original?