★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

> New funny and strategy "tanks" game... in space!
> Unlimited number of maps. Maps are always generated randomly but you can set parameters like number of planets etc!
> Be careful of gravitation effect!
> Be careful of black holes!
> Play with computer or your friend!
> Consider about missile trajectory!
> Consider about your strategy!
> Fight with your enemy and use nuke, plasma bolt, teleport, shield, laser and... self destruction to defeat him!
> Three difficulty levels : Easy, Hard, Godlike
> You can immediately regenerate your map if you don't like current!
> Your missile can receive for you some bonuses like +50 life or higher damage!

Have a fun and good luck!

panmhroku's comments:
Finally, my first iphone game "Galactic Tanks" has been approved.

You can read the description below (From my blog):

Galactic Tanks

Galactic tanks it’s my first iphone game. I was looking for something new and cool so I decided to write a game “tanks”, but in space where the gravitation it’s most important. I was working about three months. I had had some experience with programming before (including opengl) but objective-c and especially apple world was something new from me. Though many problems I’ve succesfully finished my game. I’m planning some updates in the future which will include some extras.

It’s a strategy game. You must think about your strategy, think how to defeat your enemy. There are many ways to send a missile to hit his tank. But be carefull. Consider about the trajectory. Gravitation can be your ally or not. Especially you must think about the black holes which gravitation is very strong.

To fight against computer or your friend you can use nuke, plasma bolt and laser which avoids gravitation effect. In addition teleport, shield or… self destruction. I hope I will add some extra weapons in close future.

It’s really funny when you are looking on your crazy missile. It sometimes flyies in unexpected way. I hope you’ll enjoy, becouse it’s not only a boring strategy.

12-10-2009, 10:34 AM
Hi and welcome to Touch Arcade

embedded video here:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.

12-10-2009, 01:49 PM
12-11-2009, 06:30 PM

I just added 15 promo codes in"Promo Codes and Contests".
12-12-2009, 12:39 AM
Some Initial expressions:
wow, fantasic concept. It's JUST like bombardiers guild and pocket tanks combined, two great game. But it has several flaws that need to be fixed asap:
It's too hard- the AI doesn't miss even on easy, while it's nearly impossible to hit the AI.
There needs to be a tracer so you're not firing blindly.
It doesn't pick up hits on the tank many times., it just flies thru them.
If you fire with low power on a planets it just keeps going around and around the planet, once again, going thru the tanks.
Better instructions for sure.
Different way to aim, move, select power and shoot. Try it like "pocket tanks". There is a free version so you can try it out.
Those are the main problems. But If the diffuculty was adjusted then this game would stil be spectacular. If you liked pocket tanks and bombardiers guild, pick this one up for sure.
12-12-2009, 12:58 AM
Okay nvm. It is NOT impossible to hit the opponents tanks. It's only that hard when playin on a map with a couple planets, black holes and a sun. But I sti think the enemy is too accurate. Tracer ftw. Idk this game may end up better than pocket tanks! So much customizablle stuff. More weapons would be awesome.

So in conclusion: if you liked pocket tanks or bombardiers guild, buy this game.
12-12-2009, 05:12 AM
Thank you all!

I expected that will be some problems with Al, aiming, etc and sometimes it will be hard to hit enemy.

I'm still working on first update and your comments are really usefull.

The program just calculating when the missile hits the planet, but as "da shiz wiz 19" said, it will be better when calculating the missile + tank too, so I add it, it's not a problem.

I thought about new weapons - maybe a special wapon using accelerometer, like super sheep in worms.

According to aiming I can draw first part of tracer. It will be bonuses wchich can increase the range of it.

I bought "pocket tanks" and "bombardiers guild". I'll see how can I improve my app.

Thanks again!

Last edited by panmhroku; 12-12-2009 at 05:36 AM.
12-14-2009, 03:08 PM
Hi! I've sent to Apple the first little update for my game. I expect it will be approved fast.

It contain:

- Fixed bug with "untouchable" tanks.
- Added tracer which depend on galaxy size and difficulty.

Here are some screenshots:

12-14-2009, 03:09 PM
Wow! That was fast! That pretty much solves most of my issues, although it feels kinda noobish to use a tracer, but I'll take it.

12-14-2009, 03:19 PM
Now it depends only on apple. I don't know how much time they need to approve update.
I'm still working on my game. Any suggestions will be really helpful.