Support our Sponsors:

Old 12-10-2009, 10:16 AM
iPhone 3G, OS 4.x

Default Flaboo!

Old 12-10-2009, 10:19 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Tap, tilt and shake the screen to make Fat Chick bounce his considerable bulk off clouds and up into the sky in this unique rhythm-action game. On his journey through the weird world of Flaboo, Fat Chick will encounter magical coffee, his own spaceship, lightbulbs, plate-mail armour and much more. With its unique combination of humour, cute graphics and compulsive game play, Flaboo! will keep you tap-tap-tapping until the wee hours of the morning

About Fluttermind:
Quote:
Fluttermind’s director, Dene Carter, is a games industry veteran of 25 years, and co-
founder of Big Blue Box Studios, creators of the Fable franchise for the XBox.
Over his long career Dene has worked as programmer and creative director on
numerous games, including such #1 hits as:
- Dungeon Keeper
- Fable
- Fable 2

Fluttermind’s goal is to bring refreshing, fun, and accessible games into the world.
We hope you enjoy the games and help us support future development.
Old 12-10-2009, 10:21 AM
iPhone 3G, OS 4.x

definitely looks very cute
Old 12-10-2009, 10:36 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Color me confused...it looks like a fun Doodle Jumper with flapping but how is this considered a "rhythm game"? Does that mean I need to flap to a beat or something?
Old 12-10-2009, 10:38 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Default Game Impressions

Wow... this game is all sorts of fun. The graphics are superb, the chick is really cute, and the gameplay is pretty unique:
  1. Controls are simple: tap the screen to make the chick flap, tilt the device to move left/right
  2. You flap when the chick is over a cloud to bounce the chick on that cloud. If you miss, the chick will either fall through or just stay still (and struggle to stay flying). So you need to aim for the clouds (its a rhythm game this way). There are rows after rows of clouds.
  3. Color clouds contain bonuses, but you need to collect keys from other clouds to unlock them. Bonuses give you more time, a sheild, a rocket, a balloon, etc.
  4. Some clouds are evil and steal your keys or make a bubble around you that you have to pop.

Flaboo! is a game of rhythm and time. You need to get as high as possible before time runs out and get as many useful bonuses as possible to help you get there.

The only caveat is that there is no global leaderboard. But its seriously a very good game despite this.
Old 12-10-2009, 10:42 AM
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

I don't mind tapping and tilting, but is there alot of shaking ? I am not that into having to shake my phone too much when playing a game.

Also , the usual question. Are there any global leaderboards?

EDIT: Just read the impression and this would be an instant buy for me but no leaderboards is a deal breaker for me...........too bad .............my type of game and one more

Any plans to add this? It really is a must and will definitely hurt sales if not added.

Last edited by cranker; 12-10-2009 at 10:45 AM..
Old 12-10-2009, 10:43 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Are the levels generated on the fly like most of the Doodle Jumpers or a matter of memorizing the most efficient way through various levels?
Old 12-10-2009, 10:49 AM
iPhone 3G, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranker View Post
I don't mind tapping and tilting, but is there alot of shaking ? I am not that into having to shake my phone too much when playing a game.

Also , the usual question. Are there any global leaderboards?

EDIT: Just read the impression and this would be an instant buy for me but no leaderboards is a deal breaker for me...........too bad .............my type of game and one more

Any plans to add this? It really is a must and will definitely hurt sales if not added.
wait, where does it say shaking is involved...did I miss it in the description or Prab's impressions?
Old 12-10-2009, 10:50 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

I have not seen any shaking being necessary for the game.

Im not sure if levels are randomly generated, but I doubt that it matters because imagine this: if your timing is slightly off, the path you take may be pretty different.

One core part of the game is the idea of keys. The keys you collect are accumulated and you only lose them (all of them) when you bounce on an evil cloud. As you proceed up, you get to see more bonus clouds with fancy powerups, but you need a certain number of keys to be able to unlock them.

Edit: I just checked and the levels are at least semi-random. I just keep restarting the game and see what the first row of clouds look like, and its not always different, but sometimes it is. I think the game decides what row to make from a fixed set of possible rows. And maybe as you go up, it draws randomly from a different set of possible rows.

Last edited by Prab; 12-10-2009 at 10:54 AM..
Old 12-10-2009, 10:54 AM
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

"Tap, tilt and shake the screen to help Fat Chick bounce his considerable bulk off clouds and ever higher in this unique rhythm-action game. "

Maybe not so much shaking

Very disapointing that there are no leaderboards. A dilema for me as I rarely pick up this type of game without that feature but it does look good.

Does the game progress through levels and save your progress ? that might change my mind as apposed to the doodle jump type thing where it's ALL about high score and not getting through levels.