★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Flip

01-12-2009, 10:59 AM
Flip

The game looks very interesting, and production quality seems high.

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=301461765&mt=8

The price tag of $4.99 is slowing me down (though they say this is a 'limited time low price' ... we've heard that before).

Anyone tried it? Impressions?
Is it a brain game? ... dexterity game? ... or both.
01-12-2009, 11:00 AM
looks ok

01-12-2009, 11:16 AM
It looks interesting indeed.

The standard mode is a matching color game and I can't tell if it has a colorblind mode.

The tilt seems to be the main attraction here (from game web site):

Quote:
Imagine a puzzle game where you simply flip the iPhone and everything on your game-screen drops down from one end to the other.
A video may help but I could not find one.

Who's going to pull the trigger?

iPhone 6 and iPad Mini iOS 8
01-12-2009, 11:49 AM
Send a message via AIM to costanza
Certainly looks interesting.... but I dunno.

Somebody try it
01-12-2009, 12:10 PM
The developer (eBattalion) has certainly done nice professional work on the website to describe the game ( http://ebattalion.com/flip/ ), but we need a video, especially at this price point.

... or we need someone, not as cheap as I am, to take a chance and post impressions.

We wait impatently.
01-12-2009, 08:24 PM
Here are my early impressions

I caved in and bought FLIP.

It is OK, but not impressed as yet.

$4.99 is way too expensive, and I am finding the controls clunky and the game pretty bland. I wish I could re-wind the last hour and put my $4.99 in to other a couple of other games that I have on my Hot List.
(Reminder to self: don't buy based only on the description of the game!)

Would appreciate hearing others, because I have not yet found the 'fun factor' that I want out of any game.
01-12-2009, 08:50 PM
I downloaded this game too. I think the control is very different so you have to play it for a while but when you get used to it really works.

The flipping thing is very cool imo, especially in the puzzle and speed game modes. The puzzles are very cool and apparently there is like 200 of them.

The price is relatively high but I am through downloading 99 cents apps, they all suck. 5 dollars isn't really alot for a videogame with so many games just seems that way when there are so many crappy 99 cents ones. Still trying it out though, will post later again.

Last edited by Dexter; 01-12-2009 at 08:52 PM.
01-13-2009, 04:01 AM
The puzzles get rather difficult, but I find the standard mode very addictive for some reason. Still I do like the puzzles, other people have gotten involved in helping me solve them.
01-13-2009, 07:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by greyscot View Post
The developer (eBattalion) has certainly done nice professional work on the website to describe the game ( http://ebattalion.com/flip/ ), but we need a video, especially at this price point.

... or we need someone, not as cheap as I am, to take a chance and post impressions.

We wait impatently.
There is a video-link on the website you gave us the URL for... Scroll down to the bottom of that page.

Anyway, it reminds me of Jelly Blocks — but Jelly Blocks isn't as "tiring" to work with, as it uses a 4-way button system, rather than continually flipping the device around and around and around...

And Jelly Blocks is only 99c anyway AND there's a free lite version to try out beforehand...

Artwork, animation & UI-design for Beyond Ynth Parachute Panic Chicken Raid
Multiple icon-sets design for Thingy Blox

Last edited by BrettArchibald; 01-13-2009 at 07:26 AM.
01-13-2009, 01:08 PM
I don't think its anything like Jelly Blocks. Why have a fake d-pad when you can use motion? It's actually not tiring at all since its more puzzle oriented than just mindless flipping.

Anyway, you liking the game greyscot or still bummed out?