★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Deputy Dog Games is Looking for.... Take 2

12-10-2009, 04:23 PM
Deputy Dog Games is Looking for.... Take 2

Before I start, let me just say that the last thread contained many posts containing profanity and sexual talk that I would not like to see on here. I wanted to keep the last thread open for one reason and one reason only. I wanted to see it reach 10,000 views, which it has. Thatís why it finally closed. Now, this thread is for the game Santaís Smackdown. Itís a brand new game exclusive to the iPhone/iPod Touch. Itís a dual-stick sidescroller, a first of its kind. In the game, you play as Santa, smashing and bashing your way through the world. You can visit the desert, the North Pole, to space and beyond! This thread is for discussion about that game. I would have made an official thread, but I wonít do that until we have some screens and a gameplay video to show you guys. Once that happens, this thread will close. You can suggest features, enemies, levels, weapons, etc. If itís too generic like elves, donít bother posting. But on the other hand, if you suggest something like marshmallow sniper rifle, weíll take you more seriously. Marshmallow sniper rifleÖÖ hmmÖ.. And please guys and gals, let me just stress again, NO PROFANITY OR ANYTHING OR THE SORT. Iím not saying that I wasnít at fault either. I think we all just fell into the same bottomless black hole, and the only way to escape was to start over. So if you donít have anything nice to say, donít say anything at all. If you say something mean, you will just be ignored, so donít bother. Cuestaluis, Shard, Will, and I are all on the team. We know how things work. We know why this game will work, be submitted, and be published for the public to enjoy. If you have any questions, tips, suggestions, would like to join the team, etc. feel free to post them here. Iím new to making iPhone games and would love to hear everyoneís KIND and CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. Constructive criticism doesnít have insults in it by the way. Anyway, have fun and post away!
12-10-2009, 04:27 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to mobile1up
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardcoregamer View Post
I wanted to see it reach 10,000 views, which it has. That’s why it finally closed.
this forum is for developer services and trade - not for discussing your own game development. i would suggest you setup your own discussion board; where you can moderate the people/comments you are not hoping to receive rather than using up TA's bandwidth and data services. its like you haven't learnt anything from the previous thread - i suggest all people starting to read this thread at least read the last few pages of the previous one.

PS: you'll only get 10,000+ views when you start picking fights and causing problems.

// Aaron Ardiri
Mobile 1UP is a proud indie developer - support us!
developer of Caveman / Caveman HD and GW Series

12-10-2009, 04:27 PM
Is it going to be 3D and are you still looking for new people to join and is it still going to be free?

hello!
12-10-2009, 04:32 PM
Send a message via AIM to RankoSao
Quote:
Before I start, let me just say that the last thread contained many posts containing profanity and sexual talk that I would not like to see on here. I wanted to keep the last thread open for one reason and one reason only. I wanted to see it reach 10,000 views, which it has. Thatís why it finally closed. Now, this thread is for the game Santaís Smackdown. Itís a brand new game exclusive to the iPhone/iPod Touch. Itís a dual-stick sidescroller, a first of its kind. In the game, you play as Santa, smashing and bashing your way through the world. You can visit the desert, the North Pole, to space and beyond! This thread is for discussion about that game. I would have made an official thread, but I wonít do that until we have some screens and a gameplay video to show you guys. Once that happens, this thread will close. You can suggest features, enemies, levels, weapons, etc. If itís too generic like elves, donít bother posting. But on the other hand, if you suggest something like marshmallow sniper rifle, weíll take you more seriously. Marshmallow sniper rifleÖÖ hmmÖ.. And please guys and gals, let me just stress again, NO PROFANITY OR ANYTHING OR THE SORT. Iím not saying that I wasnít at fault either. I think we all just fell into the same bottomless black hole, and the only way to escape was to start over. So if you donít have anything nice to say, donít say anything at all. If you say something mean, you will just be ignored, so donít bother. Cuestaluis, Shard, Will, and I are all on the team. We know how things work. We know why this game will work, be submitted, and be published for the public to enjoy. If you have any questions, tips, suggestions, would like to join the team, etc. feel free to post them here. Iím new to making iPhone games and would love to hear everyoneís KIND and CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. Constructive criticism doesnít have insults in it by the way. Anyway, have fun and post away!
*facepalm*

*headdesk*

*rinse, repeat*

Uh, lets see, Zombieville, Inkvaders, etc, etc, this isnt even the first Santa-themed one.. you have to know this...

DEFY THE COSMOS!
12-10-2009, 04:34 PM
Hey lets just leave him alone. He'll learn in time.
12-10-2009, 04:35 PM
The other thread was FULL of constructive criticism, and you took them as INSULTS!!! You wouldn't know constructive criticism if it bit(h slapped you in the face!
12-10-2009, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGH94 View Post
You wouldn't know constructive criticism if it bit(h slapped you in the face!
lol, nice.
12-10-2009, 04:49 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to mobile1up
Quote:
NO PROFANITY OR ANYTHING OR THE SORT.
are you super religious our something?

last time i said "laid" and you took it nastily (yet, were proud to announce how you were already having sex with your gf). i'm australian born; profanity is part the language - as we used as say as kids; "bloody in the bible, bloody in the book... ...."

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question...5071428AARjdo2

debatable. i dont like seeing works like f*** or s*** ; but with some of the responses you gave last time in the thread you asked for them.. it wasn't me saying those things either

have you registered your own domain? why not just get a $20 a month web hosting service; then you can drive traffic there and show screen shots, videos, discussion boards etc. this isn't a "hang-out" for you guys; some of us are doing using this forum for offering services to other developers..

why can you not respect the desire of the forums?

// Aaron Ardiri
Mobile 1UP is a proud indie developer - support us!
developer of Caveman / Caveman HD and GW Series
12-10-2009, 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da shiz wiz 19 View Post
Hey lets just leave him alone. He'll learn in time.
Why do you have to add that last part?
12-10-2009, 04:51 PM
We are still hiring, no it won't be 3d for the most part.