★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Poll: Do you like OF/Plus/AGON logos on game icons?

View Poll Results: Do you like to see OF/Plus/AGON logos on game icons on your iDevice?
Yes, I like to be reminded of the service the game uses? 69 35.75%
No, I prefer clean game icons without logos. 87 45.08%
Don't care either way. 37 19.17%
Voters: 193. You may not vote on this poll
12-10-2009, 04:25 PM
Poll: Do you like OF/Plus/AGON logos on game icons?

As the title says: do you like to see those logos on game icons on your iDevice? There have been a number of discussions taking place on various threads about this matter. It would be interesting to see what people think.
12-10-2009, 04:32 PM
I personally don't like it, i prefer to see what the dev can do to make it look pretty.

I really don't see the point, unless people are achievement whores.

12-10-2009, 04:38 PM
NO. It usually ruins the nice look of the icon.

NO !! get rid of them
12-10-2009, 04:40 PM
I'm OK with it - I just prefer the 'free' OF logo rather than the 'filled in' one:

vs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
12-10-2009, 04:43 PM
Well sometimes it matches with the icon butsometimes it really looks awfull
12-10-2009, 04:44 PM
I actually like them there. Sometimes I'm looking for a good game that uses OpenFeint or Plus+, and having that little symbol in the icon helps determine whether it's present or not. Plus, if I'm browsing the appstore and I see a game with OF or P+ I almost always take a look, and I may have just overlooked it if it didn't have the icon.
12-10-2009, 04:45 PM
Thanks guys for replying and voting.
I think that this has been a bone of contention for many people and the devs need to know what majority thinks, So far nays have it.

Quote:
Plus, if I'm browsing the appstore and I see a game with OF or P+ I almost always take a look, and I may have just overlooked it if it didn't have the icon.
It is actually possible to have the logo on the icon in the apple store and in your iTunes library and not have it on your iDevice. Having said that some people actually group OF games together on the same page.

Last edited by eugekava; 12-10-2009 at 04:48 PM.
12-10-2009, 04:47 PM
nope
12-10-2009, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somerandomdude View Post
I actually like them there. Sometimes I'm looking for a good game that uses OpenFeint or Plus+, and having that little symbol in the icon helps determine whether it's present or not. Plus, if I'm browsing the appstore and I see a game with OF or P+ I almost always take a look, and I may have just overlooked it if it didn't have the icon.

Actually, I like that too. I guess I am split in the middle and it's up to the dev to make the icon look good with the logo.

What I really hate is when I get a lite game and half of the logo says "lite" or worse yet "free" .Then again it makes me decide fast wheather to get the full game or just get rid it
12-10-2009, 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somerandomdude View Post
+1 to that. I like them. I would probably organize my games according to them as well. I do wish like the pic comparison the icons would be in the exact spot with openfeint. I like the lion one if i had a choice of the two to have them all the same.

Game Center: Diligence