★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

SSX delayed?

12-10-2009, 06:12 PM
SSX delayed?

Didn't see a thread on SSX by EA Mobile but looks like it won't launch until next year according to PG.

SSX on Ice until 2010

Quote:
SSX may not take the App Store approval lift until 2010, delaying a series debut on iPhone and iPod touch until late winter.
12-10-2009, 06:46 PM
Yes it was originally announced for 2009 but I believe both this and Spore Creatures will be slated for an early 2010 release. Mainly due to games coming up that weren't originally announced (Surviving High School, NFS: Shift etc)

Battleship SHOULD be out before the end of the year.

Occasional Reviewer on ThePortableGamer
Official Reviewer on Razorianfly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Space Girl
It was like the other day I went to MarthaStewart.com's forums for advice on how to program my new T-89 graphing calculator and well, let's just say no one there was very helpful.

12-10-2009, 07:23 PM
i'm really curious about this one.
i've been a real fan of ssx sinds ssx 2.
so i hope ea gives it all to make this game right,
cause some of their games are just awfull
12-10-2009, 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by poesmij View Post
i'm really curious about this one.
i've been a real fan of ssx sinds ssx 2.
so i hope ea gives it all to make this game right,
cause some of their games are just awfull
All I want out of SSX is a decent career mode and amount of tracks to race in. I don't care if it's 500mb I am sick of all these Snowboarding games that offers barely nothing in the content sector. The only one that I have found to give me enough is Crazy Snowboard.

Quote:
It was like the other day I went to MarthaStewart.com's forums for advice on how to program my new T-89 graphing calculator and well, let's just say no one there was very helpful.
12-10-2009, 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzle12 View Post
Didn't see a thread on SSX by EA Mobile but looks like it won't launch until next year according to PG.

SSX on Ice until 2010
I don't think you should reproduce the entire text from the article... I know the editor who posted it, and it kind of annoys him.

On another note, I agree! There should be more high quality games out there, I wouldn't mind if it were a few hundred megs either. Honestly, most of us have high speed Internet, and I know I have tons of space left on my iPhone.

btw I think it's weird that I'm an indie dev myself, yet I still look forward to these EA releases... You think I'd be more loyal to my fellow indies!

Developer, Cat in a Box Games!
Blue Defense: Second Wave! - $2.99
Blue Attack! - $1.99

Fastar! - $1.99
Red Conquest! - $0.99
12-10-2009, 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakooistra View Post
btw I think it's weird that I'm an indie dev myself, yet I still look forward to these EA releases... You think I'd be more loyal to my fellow indies!
I think it's good that you aren't one-eyed Indie, makes you more likely to look forward to all games unlike 'Some' developers

Quote:
12-11-2009, 01:42 PM
I hope this game proves good and proves to be a fully fledged console-quality and depth game. I love SSX Tricky on the PS2. Crazy Snowboard is pretty terrible and if that's the best of the bunch... boy do we ever need a good snowboard game. Alas, given the pricing of games in the appstore it's likely to amount to, at best, an extensive mini-game. Would love to be proven wrong, though.