★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Zenflation - FREE for 24 hours, get it while it's free!

12-10-2009, 08:46 PM
Zenflation - FREE for 24 hours, get it while it's free!

Available now on the App Store for 99 cents: Zenflation

You can find detailed information about the game, awards, and global leaderboard on the official website at: www.Zenflation.com

"This is a great app for those of you who like to unwind and calm down a bit during the week. I enjoy the simplicity and calmness." - 5-star AppStore Review

"My 5 year old daughters and I love this game! it's easy to learn, fun to play, and very challenging as you progress. Well worth the low price!" - 5-star AppStore Review

Youtube link | Pop Up

Zenflation

Use your skills as a zen master to keep balloons aloft while avoiding the various pitfalls you will encounter. Gravity is not your friend!

Challenge the Spears
A key aspect of Ninjutsu is the skill you gain with a katana. Before you are allowed to use a live blade (a real sword,) you must first master the wooden bokken. Bokkens allow you the leeway necessary to learn the proper skills before using a real sword. In Zenflation I have employed the concept of bokkens through spears that come in from the ceiling. If your balloon touches the tip of one, your challenge (and game) is over.

Challenge the Wind
To add a twist to the standard practice of balancing balloons and your score, you face the challenge of wind and air. In this challenge your balloons can be thrust across the dojo uncontrollably. Do you have what it takes to reign them in and continue the challenge?

Challenge the Throwing Stars
Once you master the bokken and the balloons you move on to the most challenging zen experience. In this challenge you stant at one end of a room with your opponent at the other. Your opponent throws the tsuba in the same style as shuriken that you then must block with your bokken. If one strikes you, your challenge (and game) is over. Avoid these!

Some features of Zenflation:
- Easy, Normal, and Hard Difficulty Levels
- 10 Challenges to master from spears to shuriken
- Play against the clock to make it to the next round and reach a higher score
- Increase your bonus level by bouncing balloons
- Score extra points by knocking lanterns to the floor
- Balance increasing your bonus versus obtaining points
- Complete social networking support via Agon for Twitter and Facebook
- Global leaderboard with scores
- Unlock awards
- Listen to your own music
- Pause the game at any time
- Complete physics simulation using the Ageia PhysX™ engine
- Play to obtain the highest score, or the highest round
- Takes full advantage of the accelerometer and touch-screen

If you have game suggestions feel free to leave me a note here as I read touchArcade frequenty!

Xenovoid - FREE 4X Galactic Conquest MMO for iOS, PC, OSX, and Linux
JOIN THE FREE BETA @ Xenovoid.com

Last edited by GamerOutfit; 02-02-2010 at 09:42 AM.
12-10-2009, 09:43 PM

Crystal, OpenFeint, Plus+, Disc Drivin: Prab | Game Center: PrabSG

12-10-2009, 09:51 PM
Looks interesting, anyone TOFTT?

Add me on Steam for TF2: eggzbacon
12-11-2009, 01:02 PM
Fun

I really like this game. It actually reminds me of when I used to play this when I was little. We called the game "keep up." Its fun and the controls good. Very enjoyable.
12-11-2009, 01:21 PM
Might give it a try, looks entertaining.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
12-17-2009, 10:12 PM
I'm happy to announce the release of Zenflation 1.1. Zenflation has received very nice reviews so far and from the various emails everyone really enjoys it!

In 1.1 I have introduced a new "Casual" mode that lets you play without the progressive time challenges or the time clock that is present in "Challenge" mode.

I also introduced 6 new Global Leaderboards for you to track your score and time alot in the "Casual" mode. Your personal score, area score, and global score are all available online and in-game via Agon.

The game is still on sale for $0.99.

Enjoy!

12-17-2009, 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerOutfit View Post
I'm happy to announce the release of Zenflation 1.1. Zenflation has received very nice reviews so far and from the various emails everyone really enjoys it!

In 1.1 I have introduced a new "Casual" mode that lets you play without the progressive time challenges or the time clock that is present in "Challenge" mode.

I also introduced 6 new Global Leaderboards for you to track your score and time alot in the "Casual" mode. Your personal score, area score, and global score are all available online and in-game via Agon.

The game is still on sale for $0.99.

Enjoy!
So no timer but game still ends if a balloon hits the ground?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
12-17-2009, 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
So no timer but game still ends if a balloon hits the ground?
That's right. In Casual mode the game is still over if a balloon touches the ground but you don't have challenges to progress through or a clock to play against. You start with 5 maximum balloons and have 3 difficulty levels to choose from. The score and time aloft you generate is also stored in new leaderboards made just for Casual mode.

I also fixed the spear award bug.

12-18-2009, 10:45 AM
This game is actually a lot of fun. I've got an hour downtime between classes and its definitely helping me keep busy. Gameplay is also different from anything else I own. Keep up the good work!

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." - Robert Howard, Tower of the Elephant
01-31-2010, 05:42 PM
it's free