★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Opetopic
  • Genre: Word
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 11.8 MB
  • Version: 1.2
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Opetopic presents IsoWords, the iPhone's first word search game wrapped onto a cube. Find as many English words as you can in the 3x3x3 cube in the allotted time to rack up points. The only catch is that the third time a letter is used, its cube is removed and the letters inside are revealed.

*** TESTIMONIALS ***
"...its very difficult to come up with a unique enough concept to separate yourself from the rest of the pack, but Opetopic was able to do just that with IsoWords." - AppAdvice.com

"IsoWords takes on the tested formula with a slight but very cool twist... A fun all around word puzzle wrapped in some pretty impressive UI." - creativeapplications.net

"Isometric Boggle smashed into Mahjong with a hammer = placid" - iphonetiny

* Tap and drag along the cube or tap each letter to form a word.

* IsoWords can be played by yourself, with friends on the same device in pass-and-play mode, or with up to 3 other devices in Bluetooth/WiFi multiplayer.

* The score of each word is determined by its length and the rarity of its letters in English.

* 6 time modes: play for 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 minutes, or use the free play mode to play until the cube is gone.

* Global leaderboards for highest scoring games AND words.

* Facebook and Twitter integration so that you can challenge friends to beat your scores, and see your friends' ranks on the global leaderboards.

* Daily Challenges: every day a single puzzle is posted that everyone in the word can play.

Visit us: http://www.opetopic.com
Follow us: http://www.twitter.com/opetopic

Prab's comments:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrandonw View Post
Here are some screenshots of the *final* artwork. I should be submitting this game to the app store in a few days.

I also have the app fully localized in Spanish, French and German, and 7 more languages nearly done ... so, hopefully it is a game almost everyone can enjoy.

12-10-2009, 10:23 PM
This one looks really good... I love the concept...but I already have like 5 word games. I think I'll wait on this one. Is there a lite?

12-11-2009, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverOnFire View Post
This one looks really good... I love the concept...but I already have like 5 word games. I think I'll wait on this one. Is there a lite?
The lite was submitted about a week after the full version, so it should be up soon.
12-12-2009, 07:38 PM
IsoWords is probably one if the best word games to ever come out! There, short review, nice context, nothing to mistake or misconstrue… Though, what’s the fun in that? – Let’s begin

I actually first came in contact with IsoWords before it was released, well to be fair, it was an image and the words competition that sort’a catched my eye… Just so simple really; find the longest word, and win the game! Well the game wasn’t out, but just by the image I was sold! – And not just me, several had that bright idea, and several had a hell of a lot longer, and brighter, words than me, so… no game.

But the way the game was set up; just these blocks with letters, where you have to use touching letters to form words, and then by the third time a letter is used its cube is removed. Now it’s enough if a letter just touches in a corner, as long as they have a pinpoint of space they share, you can connect them.

I’m telling you, you’ll be crawling all over this damn cube like an ant on a honey jar. You can spend, well literally hours with just one game. And the game is random, – endless amounts of word’ly bliss! There’s time trials and just, well basically take your damn time mode. – Which is my favorite.

Now to score with words, the game has a score card after how rare the letters you have used are, and you will find a multitude of ways to check scores after a game, or see the complete word list from every game played, you can challenge friends by Twitter, Facebook, email, replay games. – And on and on and on, this game is extensive in it’s approach in making a word game that’ll fit right in the front of the pack!

Should I have a small thing to touch upon, it would be the sound it makes as you highlight a cube. It’s a very… Well it’s not as fitting as, say the sound used in the menu… Maybe something for an update down the road – But in all fairness, it’s such a small detail it’s… well, small…

The game is very polished, The menu, the way pages flip and the looks, it’s just really smooth and has a great fit for the game, extremely crisp. It’s just an all out nice game where everything feels well thought out and mulled over. –Which I’m sure it has been – And I’m diggin’ it!

IsoWords comes with a $1.99 price tag, which is more than fair. You really will have endless hours of fun, and you wont find many word games out there in this caliber! – Highly recommended!

Last edited by Plast2; 12-12-2009 at 09:35 PM.
12-12-2009, 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrandonw View Post
The lite was submitted about a week after the full version, so it should be up soon.
Great! Can't wait to try it out!!!
12-21-2009, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverOnFire View Post
Great! Can't wait to try it out!!!
I think you grabbed IsoWords while it was free yesterday, but the Lite version is now out: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/isowords-lite/id344982879?mt=8
12-21-2009, 12:20 PM
Oops, double post instead of edit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!

Last edited by drelbs; 12-21-2009 at 12:21 PM. Reason: double post
12-21-2009, 12:20 PM
Game Impressions

IsoWords is a real treat for word puzzle game fans.

If you didn't get the game for free over the weekend, give the lite a try and/or jump on it - you won't regret it.

Right now my favorite way to play it is with unlimited time, just keep whittling away at the cube until I can't make any more words...

Also, I love the way this game keeps statistics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
08-26-2010, 11:41 AM
Just doing a little bumpage on this thread. I've noticed a surge in gameplay recently (from the leaderboards), so I think this game has a lot of potential but never seemed to get any attention. From looking at the leaderboards I figure well over 200,000 games have been played, with roughly 1,000 per day (combining all languages).

So, take a look if you like word games...