★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: "Colorix is absolutely a great game for those who enjoy puzzles"
APPVEE.COM

"The spheres rolling down the screen are eye-wateringly detailed. Perfectly understated reflections and refractions make these orbs appear as though they're actually small marbles rolling across the surface of the handset."
POCKETGAMER.CO.UK

"The best graphics a match-three puzzle app could possibly have."
APPVERSITY.COM

"Colorix is a fantastic strategic puzzle game. The concept behind the game isnt very new but the execution and the additional mechanics make it such a beauty."
SWIFTWORLD.NET

COLORIX is an unique puzzle game created for the lovers of strategy games. Rules are simple - just arrange falling marbles on the board. Three or more marbles of the same color lined diagonally, horizontally or vertically explode and disappear from the board. Sounds simple? Once you start you cant stop!

The game demands split-second decision making. Order of falling marbles can be changed and you can speed up the falling marbles. The quicker you position each piece and allow it to drop into place, the better you score.

STRATEGY & COMBOS:
What makes this Colorix really interesting and exciting is combos. Marbles arranged in one of 10 different shapes, like V or X, explode giving you extra points and causing additional explosions. Truth be told the game is all about the combos. Soon youll realize that the game offers you endless possibilities and that not only skills but also the strategy matters.

SPECIAL FEATURES:
In addition to standard marbles three kinds of special marbles appear: black, white and rainbow. Rainbow marbles fit to every other color, which makes them very useful in creating combos. Black marbles dont fit to any other color. They are marked with numbers and simply disappear when the number decreases to 0. As for white marbles, they change their color as soon as they fall down. The game is more challenging with each next level. Additional colors appear, rainbow marbles become rare and black and white marbles appear more and more often. To sum up, simple yet addictive, classical pattern with new challenging features.

GLOBAL HIGH SCORES:
The game offers also global results statistics. Users can compare theirs best scores with other players all over the world.

UNIQUE 3D MARBLE EFFECT:
The game earned brownie points mainly for the awesome graphics. Definitely Colorix stands out thanks to elaborated backgrounds and colorful 3D marbles, which create an unique experience for you to enjoy.

All in all, if you like puzzle games, Colorix is absolutely must have game. Check it out today, you wont be disappointed!

goiMot's comments:

Youtube link | Pop Up
12-11-2009, 12:15 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
this one is a pleasant surprise, just bought it, like it very much, it's a tetris + match- three game combined.

12-11-2009, 12:30 PM
While it looks kind of fun, what sets it apart from other Columns clones?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
12-11-2009, 12:32 PM
It looks very polished and I could not see (from the video above) any speed increase of the falling marbles which is a great approach.

iPhone 6 and iPad Mini iOS 8
12-11-2009, 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
While it looks kind of fun, what sets it apart from other Columns clones?
Just some impressions after playing the first few times. Graphics are extremely well done, probably the best in any match-3 game of this type. It's also random (I know you love random) and some other things. The controls are a little bit weird, but once you get used to them, it's a really nice Columns clone. I believe it was ported over from the Android, and it's really well done.
12-11-2009, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theone1007 View Post
Just some impressions after playing the first few times. Graphics are extremely well done, probably the best in any match-3 game of this type. It's also random (I know you love random) and some other things. The controls are a little bit weird, but once you get used to them, it's a really nice Columns clone. I believe it was ported over from the Android, and it's really well done.
The combo thing of extra rewards for specific patterns looks kind of intriguing. I'll add it to my list, thanks all for the heads up.

My iTunes Reviews
12-11-2009, 01:49 PM
Awesome. Been waiting for this.

App Versity gave this top marks a few days ago.

http://tinyurl.com/ybwk4n7

Why can't i type App Versity as one word? It gets censored for some reason?

Update:

Once you get used to the contols, it's a decent match three game. However, with only one game mode, I hope they add more. Just look at Alchemize for excellent update support with new modes etc.

I'd wait for a sale if you are on the fence right now unless they add new modes.

A Friend In Need Is A Pest

Plus+:PrivateJoker

Last edited by PrivateJoker; 12-11-2009 at 03:10 PM.
12-11-2009, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos-Sz View Post
It looks very polished and I could not see (from the video above) any speed increase of the falling marbles which is a great approach.
Oh, I didn't catch that! That is one of the things that made Norbyte's Downfall a very cool columns clone as well if true! No need to make the higher speed the big increase of challenge if instead you can simply add more colors and obstacles.

Actually, does this game have any timed aspects...oh wait, yeah, I think they said you score more points for quicker moves, but even so, if they keep the falling speed steady it just moved up on my shortlist.

My iTunes Reviews
12-11-2009, 08:29 PM
Awesome Game !

Just bought this game

Never saw marbles rotate and look this good! very smooth game!

Music is wonderfull!

...and it sounds soo nice on my headphones

great work guys!
12-11-2009, 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks73 View Post
Just bought this game

Never saw marbles rotate and look this good! very smooth game!

Music is wonderfull!

...and it sounds soo nice on my headphones

great work guys!
Actually, I would have to echo this user's sentiments - the effect as the marbles run down the screen is quite hypnotizing, actually, it's caused me to royally screw the first few games. This is on a 3GS so I'm not sure how it pans out on other iDevices.

Controls are a little funky for the first few times, swiping down the screen doesn't actually drop the marbles, it just rotates the order of the colours downwards while swiping upwards does the opposite. Double tapping on the falling marbles will cause them to drop quicker. Swiping left/right has the desired effect, so I would say the controls are very much good to go.

I don't know if the pace picks up as the game progesses as I've only played for a few moments but perhaps someone else can give comment on this if they've played for longer.

No idea about the music, to be honest, I rarely listen to in-game music as either it's turned off or I'm listening to my library... No a big deal though as the animation is very fluid and the frame rate is just about spot on.

...but, as others have said here, it's crying out for extra game modes and Alchemize is a good example of how a good concept has been built upon to make the package very very much complete. Hoping the developer will read this thread and comment about whether we're likely to get any more modes because, well, to be honest, for $2.99, it's not the cheapest version of this genre but could certainly well be one of the best with a little more nurturing by the Devs...