★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Live Poker Deluxe 300K - 49.99?

01-12-2009, 06:15 PM
#1
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 78
Live Poker Deluxe 300K - 49.99?

WTF, Zynga putting up a 49.99 game? That's complete bullshit, I seriously hope no other devs get any ideas about doing that too.
01-12-2009, 06:17 PM
#2
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 106
if its a VERY high quality, a FULL game, I would agree on that price.. BUT! poker?! i dont think so.

01-12-2009, 06:19 PM
#3
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulfsige View Post
WTF, Zynga putting up a 49.99 game? That's complete bullshit, I seriously hope no other devs get any ideas about doing that too.
It is probably an app that is a real poker tournament with a prize of 300K. IDK exactly what it is, but I assume that. Anyway, to enter a real poker tournament for with a prize of that much money costs anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars. IDK if it actually is a real poker tournament though.
01-12-2009, 06:21 PM
#4
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Birmingham, UK, dull corner of the world
Posts: 2,367
Link here.

Seems they're taking the pee a bit. The only reason the price is so high is because you start off with 300K chips (other versions have 40K or 100K).
01-12-2009, 06:21 PM
#5
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: PA, USA
Posts: 744
It appears you just get more chips. Just get the free version and login everyday - you'll have plenty of chips to lose in no time.
01-12-2009, 06:23 PM
#6
that game better come with a 50$ itunes card.
01-12-2009, 06:23 PM
#7
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 106
just get the free one , and login everyday for a year and don't play! hahahaha! then u get 365k ! just kidding.
01-12-2009, 06:23 PM
#8
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 78
From reading the app info I don't think so. Says you start with 300k chips and get 2k chips every day so I don't think they have any real life value.

@kramszed-maybe but a BIG maybe, the ipod touch is nice because you have a lot of fun games that are easy to pick up and play. Everythings digitals, variety and cheap. But that's my opinion.
01-12-2009, 06:25 PM
#9
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 804
Quote:
Originally Posted by wastedyuthe View Post
Link here.

Seems they're taking the pee a bit. The only reason the price is so high is because you start off with 300K chips (other versions have 40K or 100K).
oohhhhh so it isn't a real poker tournament? Jeez than $50 is ridiculous imo.
01-12-2009, 06:27 PM
#10
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulfsige View Post
@kramszed-maybe but a BIG maybe, the ipod touch is nice because you have a lot of fun games that are easy to pick up and play. Everythings digitals, variety and cheap. But that's my opinion.
yup i agree too, i was just teasing the 49 bucks, ipod touch / iphone games should cost less than the console games that requires materials(cd.dvd) because there's no packaging whatsoever.