★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: iTunes not Updating Apps?

01-12-2009, 08:15 PM
iTunes not Updating Apps?

I'm having an issue with my Apps it seems that my iPhone will tell me when an update is out but when I search iTunes it does not find the Updates and I have to manually download new versions.

Is this just me or is it a larger issue?

Support Your Local Developers! Purchase Apps!
http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/M...300161812&mt=8
01-12-2009, 08:21 PM
Ya, hes doing that, but it says theres no updates, when he knows for a fact that there is. Im having the same problem. Its happened, but usually fixes itself.

01-12-2009, 08:21 PM
My iTunes hasn't been able to update anything since December... Sucks because there are apps not on my iTouch that I'm waiting for updates for
01-12-2009, 08:23 PM
For awhile, updates didn't even show up in the app store on my phone but they still showed up in iTunes on my computer. Apple really needs to get these problems sorted out.
01-12-2009, 08:39 PM
updates

This might help (it fixed it for me)- make sure you are logged into the iTunes account you bought the apps through when you try to update. ITunes can get really confused and think there are updates but then not find them if you've logged in to a different account (or someone else has logged in).

If you are on the phone, in the App Store scroll all the way to the bottom of the screen and you'll see "Account: xyz", to tell what account is active.

Evidently when you sync your phone to your computer, whatever the current logged in account on the computer's iTunes becomes the default account on the phone.
01-12-2009, 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmatom View Post
This might help (it fixed it for me)- make sure you are logged into the iTunes account you bought the apps through when you try to update. ITunes can get really confused and think there are updates but then not find them if you've logged in to a different account (or someone else has logged in).

If you are on the phone, in the App Store scroll all the way to the bottom of the screen and you'll see "Account: xyz", to tell what account is active.

Evidently when you sync your phone to your computer, whatever the current logged in account on the computer's iTunes becomes the default account on the phone.
Yeah...doesn't help.
01-12-2009, 08:54 PM
I agree with the above post.....as someone that has multiple accounts, anytime I want a different account assigned to my phone I log in to that account then synch, tap appstore and scroll down and make sure it's changed.

Did you know: The iPhone will only hold content from five different accounts.
01-12-2009, 08:59 PM
Five different accounts simultaneously that is.

I have a music, apps, movies, all on seperate accounts for better management
01-12-2009, 09:28 PM
i think im havin this problem too
i heard you guys saying a bugdom update was out with a touch controls.
but to this day, app store and itunes lists, no update? hmm
01-12-2009, 09:34 PM
I'm having the same issues. I hope there is a solution soon!