Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #101  
Old 12-12-2009, 11:59 AM
jakooistra jakooistra is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 463
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDramaLlama View Post
On the final level of the campaign!! Great game John! The only RTS i like on my iPod. So ep. 2 will include a new campaign and possibly online multiplayer?
wow, you're fast!

I guess it is saturday, so you can dedicate yourself to the game.

Let me know when you've finished all the challenges... especially the "Survival" one called "A tale of two...".



It's devilishly difficult.
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 12-12-2009, 12:00 PM
renton renton is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: california
Posts: 157
Default

wow! so this game is beautiful! one of the best looking games.... i love how the ships are super anthropomorphic, and the colour schemes are just brills...

it is frustratingly hard right now. im just playing the first level.. trying to figure out how to 'mine' stuff so i can build up my fleet before the 'blues' swoop in a destroy me everytime..

other than that, i will be playing this a lot. i have an 8 hr flight to the east coast, and i expect to play the hell out of this game on that flight.

keep up the amazing work!!!
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 12-12-2009, 12:01 PM
jakooistra jakooistra is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 463
Default

Oh, and yes, each new expansion will include a complete new episode's worth of campaign levels, "side" missions, extra challenge maps, and probably more multiplayer maps and modes.

Online multiplayer is still being investigated, and it seems you guys really want it.
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 12-12-2009, 12:02 PM
jakooistra jakooistra is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 463
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by renton View Post
it is frustratingly hard right now. im just playing the first level.. trying to figure out how to 'mine' stuff so i can build up my fleet before the 'blues' swoop in a destroy me everytime..
Don't try too hard!

the first level just familiarized you with movement and map controls. Level 2 is where the building begins.
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 12-12-2009, 12:03 PM
Mew2468 Mew2468 is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 1,653
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakooistra View Post
Online multiplayer is still being investigated, and it seems you guys really want it.
Hell yeah.

If you were to implement online multiplayer, would you make it purely random matchups? Or would you add accounts and being able to request battles with a certain person/certain people?
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 12-12-2009, 12:06 PM
Vingdoloras Vingdoloras is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,053
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by renton View Post
wow! so this game is beautiful! one of the best looking games.... i love how the ships are super anthropomorphic, and the colour schemes are just brills...

it is frustratingly hard right now. im just playing the first level.. trying to figure out how to 'mine' stuff so i can build up my fleet before the 'blues' swoop in a destroy me everytime..

other than that, i will be playing this a lot. i have an 8 hr flight to the east coast, and i expect to play the hell out of this game on that flight.

keep up the amazing work!!!
Just move a harvester (the unit that looks like a face with a big open mouth) to a resource area (resources look like meteors but are twisting). The harvester will then mine resources for you on its own. Then click on your base or a foundry and click the hammer icon. The rest will explain itself.

@John: So what about the soundtracks?

And yes we would of course definitely love an online multiplayer

And I am still dreaming of a level editor
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 12-12-2009, 12:12 PM
DaDramaLlama DaDramaLlama is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4, OS 4.x
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Eliminate Waitingville
Posts: 827
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakooistra View Post
wow, you're fast!

I guess it is saturday, so you can dedicate yourself to the game.

Let me know when you've finished all the challenges... especially the "Survival" one called "A tale of two...".







It's devilishly difficult.
Well just finshed campaign...it's a great campaign but very short and Episode 2: Confession looks amazing!!!! Yes we want online multiplayer!!!! O btw in skirmishes wat faction do u prefer John? I prefer blue but it's just my opinion.
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 12-12-2009, 12:15 PM
iamBone iamBone is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 185
Default Game Impressions

Bought it last night, didn't have time to play it.
Played it for a tiny bit, it's pretty awesome, the controls are simple enough and very touch oriented, so it's easy to get into. Although they can be even deeper than that with formations and stuff.
I'm going to have to get used to this control scheme, but it's very easy to get into.
Graphics look great.
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 12-12-2009, 12:26 PM
PeterM11 PeterM11 is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: East Coast, USA
Posts: 917
Default

I think you should definitely think about adding Plus+ to the game. Especially if you're thinking about online multiplayer, it could help you let players match up with their friends.
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 12-12-2009, 01:03 PM
drone9 drone9 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 65
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakooistra View Post
So yeah, the advantage I talked about was position and numbers - the AI is really pretty average after that.
Any plans to ramp up the smart factor and offer difficulty settings for local multiplayer ai?
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent