Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-17-2011, 02:41 AM
im in ur base killin ur d00dz
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Also, it's the first time I've ever played the game with headphones, and all I can say is that the soundtrack is insane.
Old 07-17-2011, 09:52 AM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), OS 4.x

Broke on the Blue Defense mission on iPod. Can't play the game anymore, crashes, won't even load. Something's gone wrong.

I'll see how it is on iPad...
Old 07-25-2011, 02:03 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Just realized that this game came out in 2009..that's just incredible. I'm looking through the release dates of some my favorite games, and it's interesting seeing how many of them came out so long ago in AppStore terms. It's been over a year and a half, and this still remains the best RTS on the iOS.
Old 07-25-2011, 02:04 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Send a message via AIM to onewithchaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtothis View Post
Just realized that this game came out in 2009..that's just incredible. I'm looking through the release dates of some my favorite games, and it's interesting seeing how many of them came out so long ago in AppStore terms. It's been over a year and a half, and this still remains the best RTS on the iOS.
yea everyone wants to bring a PC rts...but this game works phenomenally as iPhone RTS...it was made for the platform from the ground up
Old 07-25-2011, 02:08 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewithchaos View Post
yea everyone wants to bring a PC rts...but this game works phenomenally as iPhone RTS...it was made for the platform from the ground up
And that's what's so amazing about it. I can't believe that the game is as old as it is. I really wish I had spent more time with the game back then in its early months. Instead, I quickly deleted it since I was too lazy to get through the learning curve. I bet online was bustling at the time. I didn't really get into the game until over a year later during December of 2010 when I decided to resync the game. Then, the game went free for a while, and online was pretty popular for a bit, which was awesome since I caught some of the pros from the old days, lots of 2F guys. Beat Vingdoloras, Shell, and some of the other guys a lot more often than they beat me xD. But yeah, wishing people still played online. I still play the game from time to time with the girlfriend though.

But yeah, the controls for this game couldn't be more perfect.

Spent quite some time playing Armada, Starfront, LASW, Warfare Incorporated, and even Red Alert, but Red Conquest is no doubt still the best.

Last edited by backtothis; 07-25-2011 at 02:12 AM..
Old 07-25-2011, 02:31 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
And that's what's so amazing about it. I can't believe that the game is as old as it is. I really wish I had spent more time with the game back then in its early months. Instead, I quickly deleted it since I was too lazy to get through the learning curve. I bet online was bustling at the time. I didn't really get into the game until over a year later during December of 2010 when I decided to resync the game. Then, the game went free for a while, and online was pretty popular for a bit, which was awesome since I caught some of the pros from the old days, lots of 2F guys. Beat Vingdoloras, Shell, and some of the other guys a lot more often than they beat me xD. But yeah, wishing people still played online. I still play the game from time to time with the girlfriend though.

But yeah, the controls for this game couldn't be more perfect.

Spent quite some time playing Armada, Starfront, LASW, Warfare Incorporated, and even Red Alert, but Red Conquest is no doubt still the best.
Yea you shoulve been there when the game was first announced... John was just making the save state and we got a chance to add a lot of suggestions. I remember seeing the game and I wasn't too excited. But the involvement that John (the dev for those who dont know) really made me look more into the game. He took a lot of what I said seriously which had a profound influence on me. I had played...quantum collapse, and though a very fun game in its own right with great controls, it was just too slow. WHen this first came out it took me a really long time to learn the controls...i remember i was completely lost in the tutorials and i was getting frustrated. But i liked john so i put some serious effort into trying and oh boy everything was amazing. Some of the intricacies that you would never think about really show some good control polish. Like where your units come out from...the ability to send build orders to all units..etc.

Yea when online came on, it was a lot of fun. Blue proved to be superior but the animations for all of them were awesome. Then came the green faction and those guys were cool..."harvester Spam!!!" i'm surprised how inactive Cat in a box games have been for the support they've shown their games in the past.

I occasionally play a skirmish here and there...sometimes try to get S's on those challenge missions

i love playing this online, but for me the biggest dealbreaker is the lack of balance...Blue is vastly overpowered, and i just want to play red ;P

It's still a great game though....ive even gifted it quite a few times to support Cat-in-a-box
Old 07-25-2011, 11:49 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

I remember QC, lol. Javier made so many promises on what he'd do for the game, and those never came to pass since the game didn't sell too well. I spent quite a lot of time with that one as well.

Still hoping the update will make its way here soon like it's supposed to. The game really should go free again for a few days to give it a boost up the charts since I highly doubt it's selling right now.

Blue is indeed very powerful, lol. It's the only class i use xP.
Old 07-25-2011, 10:08 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
I remember QC, lol. Javier made so many promises on what he'd do for the game, and those never came to pass since the game didn't sell too well. I spent quite a lot of time with that one as well.

Still hoping the update will make its way here soon like it's supposed to. The game really should go free again for a few days to give it a boost up the charts since I highly doubt it's selling right now.

Blue is indeed very powerful, lol. It's the only class i use xP.
he came through with all his promises. The way he did multiplayer though, Apple rejected it. He made the work stable, fixed bugs. and tried to add stuff to it. Then he got picked up by a studio and stopped working on independent apps. But that one was actually quite fun.
Old 07-25-2011, 10:31 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewithchaos View Post
he came through with all his promises. The way he did multiplayer though, Apple rejected it. He made the work stable, fixed bugs. and tried to add stuff to it. Then he got picked up by a studio and stopped working on independent apps. But that one was actually quite fun.
That's pretty interesting. I see. Yeah, it was pretty fun at the time. It was either that or Warfare Incorporated, which lacked multiplayer then as well.
Old 07-25-2011, 10:32 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
That's pretty interesting. I see. Yeah, it was pretty fun at the time. It was either that or Warfare Incorporated, which lacked multiplayer then as well.
yea but then WI got multiplayer shortly after that. And it was the bomb also...that one was pretty great too . Only thing that i remember sucking was that units couldnt walk and shoot...and no zoom but it was a pretty good game too