App description: Twice the gameplay originally released!
Internet Multiplayer | Episode 2 missions | More Challenge missions | Difficulty settings

Command the Red forces!

Red Conquest is a real-time strategy (RTS) game, set in open space. Experience the intergalactic war between the Blue and Red forces like never before!

Take command of your fleet with a user interface designed specifically for the mobile platform! Casual players of RTS games will appreciate the ease of managing their units with simple multi-touch controls, while RTS veterans will love the variety of advanced macro- and micromanagement options for tactical warfare.

Conquer the Blue forces in this epic prequel AND sequel to the events in Blue Defense and Blue Attack!


Features:
-Save state and auto save
-Campaign Mode - Shows the beginning of the war
-Challenge Mode - 4 types, 16 more levels
-Local Multiplayer - up to 8 players over WiFi or Bluetooth


Reviews:

"A Hardcore RTS App with Incredible Depth"
-AppVersity

"Red Conquest could be a genre-defining RTS for the system!"
-Slide To Play

"A complex, exciting RTS that takes full advantage of Apples hardware."
-Cult of Mac

"Get ready to plunge into the battle between Red and Blue forces once again!"
-pocketfullofapps.com

"This is a must buy for fans..."
-RazorianFly.com

"OH MY GOD. OH MY GOD!"
-wegmans, Touch Arcade Forums (yeah, you deserve a little love here, wegmans!)

"A highly original RTS that is designed to work with the iPhone... not just a clone of real time strategy games on the PC."
-iPhone Strategy Games

"Prepare for another serving of Kooistra-awesomeness!"
-The Appera

"For those who stick with it and master the controls, one of the most complete, well-made RTS experiences on the iPhone await..."
-Touch Arcade

wootbean's comments:



Quote:
What's New In Version 1.1.2.1
-iOS 4 compatibility!
-Updated app to display at iPhone 4 Retina resolution
-Updated app icon! (You finally nagged me into it! Blue Attack and Blue Defense icons will be updated shortly)
-Integrated PlayHaven into "more games" button
-minor tweaks to performance
-reduced texture memory footprint more
01-15-2012, 11:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ninja View Post
So is Episode 3 going to come out soon?
Nope, the dev is no longer in game development, unfortunately, according to his post in the Blue Defense 2nd Wave thread.

Current obsessions: Bug Princess 2: Black Label, Neuroshima Hex, Pinball Arcade, Final Fantasy Tactics, MacGuffin's Curse, 1112, Dangerous, 100 Trials, Ascension, The Quest
Anticipating: Spirit Hunter Mineko, Rogue Touch EX, Fargoal 2, Cursed Realms
01-05-2013, 02:08 AM
Man, I loved this game. I bought it when it was brand new and I wish they would finish it
Oh well...,. I guess it will never be
Anyone know of a good game that is similar?

01-06-2013, 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by james.b.kroeker View Post
Man, I loved this game. I bought it when it was brand new and I wish they would finish it
Then you should register your thoughts here: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=173267

Since you are clearly one of the faithful few.

Sadly red conquest, and the commercial failure thereof, is one of the reasons why I've been out of the community for so long. We made so little money that we just had to fold. Also, the project was enormous - we made a server that handled cellular phone latency and automatically forwarded messages on the fly if your IP address changed for goodness' sake! We pulled off a small indie house miracle, though now that sort of thing is just handled by Game Center. We couldn't continue to afford server costs, in general, so the tough decision was made to turn it off a short while ago.

If you are one of the many who want to see red conquest survive, make your opinion known in the above thread, and I will take it into consideration...

I'm back! Kind of. Part time, if you get me.

Developer, Cat in a Box Games!
Blue Defense: Second Wave! - $2.99
Blue Attack! - $1.99

Fastar! - $1.99
Red Conquest! - $0.99
01-10-2013, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakooistra View Post
If you are one of the many who want to see red conquest survive, make your opinion known...
There's a poll here now and I want everyone who has played my games before to take it, if they care about getting more games from me.

This thread ought to be filled with people who care, right? ;p

Developer, Cat in a Box Games!
Blue Defense: Second Wave! - $2.99
Blue Attack! - $1.99

Fastar! - $1.99
Red Conquest! - $0.99
09-27-2013, 03:44 PM
I LOOOOOVVVVEEEEDDDDD Red Conquest and already voted. I've been out of the community for a while so I feel very sad I didnt get these news earlier. John, would it be TOO much work to at least try to balance the factions as they are now? Yea yea I know that multiplayer servers aren't there anymore. But at the very least, could you make the Green faction as it was when it first released? (broken but fun!) and Improve the Red faction? Cheaper units to make would do it. I don't think this in particular would be too hard to do, right? Just change some numbers...Hopefully?


I loved the game, even as it is now it's still cool. The unbalance in the factions is probably the only thing I feel is missing from this, other than that, I'm ok with you moving to something else . If you could just focus on the balance for skirmish battles and stuff, that would be the best


Quote:
Originally Posted by jakooistra View Post
Then you should register your thoughts here: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=173267

Since you are clearly one of the faithful few.

Sadly red conquest, and the commercial failure thereof, is one of the reasons why I've been out of the community for so long. We made so little money that we just had to fold. Also, the project was enormous - we made a server that handled cellular phone latency and automatically forwarded messages on the fly if your IP address changed for goodness' sake! We pulled off a small indie house miracle, though now that sort of thing is just handled by Game Center. We couldn't continue to afford server costs, in general, so the tough decision was made to turn it off a short while ago.

If you are one of the many who want to see red conquest survive, make your opinion known in the above thread, and I will take it into consideration...

I'm back! Kind of. Part time, if you get me.
09-27-2013, 03:45 PM
Also, let it be known that this is probably THE ONLY game that has never left my device, play it occasionally still. Other games come and go and come again . but this game, goshdarn it, i Loved it
09-27-2013, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by james.b.kroeker View Post
Man, I loved this game. I bought it when it was brand new and I wish they would finish it
Oh well...,. I guess it will never be
Anyone know of a good game that is similar?
The challenge missions are very fun to do. Also making teams against AI is a lot of fun.
09-27-2013, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by onewithchaos View Post
I LOOOOOVVVVEEEEDDDDD Red Conquest and already voted. I've been out of the community for a while so I feel very sad I didnt get these news earlier. John, would it be TOO much work to at least try to balance the factions as they are now? Yea yea I know that multiplayer servers aren't there anymore. But at the very least, could you make the Green faction as it was when it first released? (broken but fun!) and Improve the Red faction? Cheaper units to make would do it. I don't think this in particular would be too hard to do, right? Just change some numbers...Hopefully?
Oh my goodness, I absolutely love when these threads get resurrected from nowhere.

And the timing is interesting.

Kickstarter just came to Canada...



Perhaps it's out of scope for this thread, but I'm thinking of bringing back blue attack and maybe updating all of my apps in the process - universal, retina, ios 7 game pad, you name it I want it. But I need time/money to do it...

Screw it, I'm going to create a new thread for that topic.

*leaves this screen while editing*

BAM done

Developer, Cat in a Box Games!
Blue Defense: Second Wave! - $2.99
Blue Attack! - $1.99

Fastar! - $1.99
Red Conquest! - $0.99
12-11-2013, 11:09 PM
Joined: Mar 2013
Location: On Earth.
Posts: 40
They're back!
12-11-2013, 11:28 PM
Oh wow. All of their games have been updated as 12/11/13. Time to finally dig in I guess.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:28 PM.