App description: Twice the gameplay originally released!
Internet Multiplayer | Episode 2 missions | More Challenge missions | Difficulty settings

Command the Red forces!

Red Conquest is a real-time strategy (RTS) game, set in open space. Experience the intergalactic war between the Blue and Red forces like never before!

Take command of your fleet with a user interface designed specifically for the mobile platform! Casual players of RTS games will appreciate the ease of managing their units with simple multi-touch controls, while RTS veterans will love the variety of advanced macro- and micromanagement options for tactical warfare.

Conquer the Blue forces in this epic prequel AND sequel to the events in Blue Defense and Blue Attack!

Features:
-Save state and auto save
-Campaign Mode - Shows the beginning of the war
-Challenge Mode - 4 types, 16 more levels
-Local Multiplayer - up to 8 players over WiFi or Bluetooth

Reviews:

"A Hardcore RTS App with Incredible Depth"
-AppVersity

"Red Conquest could be a genre-defining RTS for the system!"
-Slide To Play

"A complex, exciting RTS that takes full advantage of Apples hardware."
-Cult of Mac

"Get ready to plunge into the battle between Red and Blue forces once again!"
-pocketfullofapps.com

"This is a must buy for fans..."
-RazorianFly.com

"OH MY GOD. OH MY GOD!"
-wegmans, Touch Arcade Forums (yeah, you deserve a little love here, wegmans!)

"A highly original RTS that is designed to work with the iPhone... not just a clone of real time strategy games on the PC."
-iPhone Strategy Games

"Prepare for another serving of Kooistra-awesomeness!"
-The Appera

"For those who stick with it and master the controls, one of the most complete, well-made RTS experiences on the iPhone await..."
-Touch Arcade

wootbean's comments:

Quote:
What's New In Version 1.1.2.1
-iOS 4 compatibility!
-Updated app to display at iPhone 4 Retina resolution
-Updated app icon! (You finally nagged me into it! Blue Attack and Blue Defense icons will be updated shortly)
-Integrated PlayHaven into "more games" button
-minor tweaks to performance
-reduced texture memory footprint more
04-05-2010, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5duc29 View Post
Wow. That's crazy It'll be fun seeing them in action when I get home.
enjoy the green harvester rush while you can!

mwa ha ha ha!!

Developer, Cat in a Box Games!
Blue Defense: Second Wave! - $2.99
Blue Attack! - $1.99

Fastar! - $1.99
Red Conquest! - $0.99
04-05-2010, 03:24 PM
Any idea on how long the sale will last? I'm trying to get my friend to buy it but he says he needs to wait until he gets paid. Knowing him he probably won't buy it if it goes back up to regular price.

04-05-2010, 03:54 PM
this is the most polished game ive seen for a quid!

only 2 campaign missions in but wow, cool

Currently playing: Joe Dever's Lone Wolf and FM2014
04-05-2010, 04:52 PM
Few minor things I'd like to see in a future update:
1) More music, I really liked the music you guys used for One vs Many.
2) Green got some pretty kickass sound effects for their weapons. Red and Blue sound effects are kinda muffled behind the music, even if music is cranked down and the effects are cranked up. I'd like louder or new sounds for Red and Blue.
3) Notification of who's online and not (same with friend list). I'd like to know who's online.

These aren't anything major or gamebreaking, but I'd feel like they would add to the game.

Current: Nexus 5, Nexus 7, 3DS XL, Vita
04-05-2010, 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drucifer View Post
Any idea on how long the sale will last? I'm trying to get my friend to buy it but he says he needs to wait until he gets paid. Knowing him he probably won't buy it if it goes back up to regular price.
I will be leaving up the sale price until we've fixed multiplayer.

so there's no definite end point, but it should be within a week.

Developer, Cat in a Box Games!
Blue Defense: Second Wave! - $2.99
Blue Attack! - $1.99

Fastar! - $1.99
Red Conquest! - $0.99
04-05-2010, 05:18 PM
Server 1: "Server has bugs " 0 Players
Server 2: "Debug: Keep Out!" 4 Players
So I joined the debug server :P who did I meet?
John, john, john (yep. Two phones + one debug machine thing...) and victor. We started a match... After a while I noticed that nothing happened anymore. The all feared freeze :-( anyway, john told me I'm gonna crash ;-)

btw, I noticed something about
online gameplay...
When you are in a full match with many different colors, it's really hard to tell who's in your team and who's not. You definitely need to add some kind of indicator.
04-05-2010, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakooistra View Post
out of curiousity - do you think you'll ever try setting it to "very easy" or "easy" mode, just to get through the campaign? Or is that not an option for you? (too much pride? I get that too - it's my stubbornness. )
Heh, I did lower it to easy on the "White Knight" level, but only to get the feel of the level. I changed it back to normal and beat it again after that.

So Ving, wanna try that match for the fleet? Every time we tried The game would fail.

I'm getting on now if anyone wants to battle.

Currently Loving: Threes! |Frontiers | Hoplite
Add me on GameCenter: Leo Gecko (with the space). Gladly accept new friends.

Last edited by LeopardGecko; 04-05-2010 at 05:40 PM.
04-05-2010, 05:47 PM
We'll do testmatches for the fleet when we decided which members are the testers and when the servers work properly
04-05-2010, 05:48 PM
im thinking of getting this since it is on sale. i am mixed when it comes to RTS's i loved robocolypse when it came to the variety. i also played warfare inc, but it got repetitive and the missions took too long. do you recommend this to me?
04-05-2010, 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vingdoloras View Post
We'll do testmatches for the fleet when we decided which members are the testers and when the servers work properly
Bah, fine. I'll still be in the server though. ;]

Currently Loving: Threes! |Frontiers | Hoplite
Add me on GameCenter: Leo Gecko (with the space). Gladly accept new friends.