★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Freeverse, Inc.
  • Genre: Word
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 16.8 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Hanged merges art, narrative, and classic gameplay to create a haunting word game experience. Featuring artist Patrick Dorian's signature style in captivating stop-motion animations, this re-imagined hangman game draws the user into the tumultuous relationship of two mysterious lovers.

Uncover the secret of their sordid history and help decide their fate by piecing together their story letter by letter. Featuring beautiful, realistic water simulation, Hanged, from New York-based Freeverse, pushes the limits of art and entertainment for the iPhone and iPod Touch.

Can you unravel the lovers' tale in time?

Features:
- beautiful, handcrafted stop motion animation
- amazing realistic water effects
- thousands of words to play with for endless play
- interesting and intriguing narrative revealed through game
- classic, familiar hangman in an all new style

NOTE: When the Lover's Letter ends, it moves to a built in lexicon of thousands of words so you can continue playing the traditional Hangman game. We have an update coming which makes this transition clearer. Our apologies for the confusion, we're fixing it now and it will of course be a free update.

goiMot's comments:

12-12-2009, 12:06 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
awesome, buying now!!!

12-12-2009, 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goiMot View Post
awesome, buying now!!!
You are confusing me...

Associate Editor, Slide To Play and Padvance
Follow me on Twitter
Feel free to email me at tim@slidetoplay.com if you want to bring a game or update to our attention.
12-12-2009, 12:08 AM
so do you get to kill them if you keep spelling words wrong?
12-12-2009, 01:00 AM
And why is this exciting? They should be working on Flick Sports Baseball and other things

Add me on Steam for TF2: eggzbacon
12-12-2009, 01:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggzbacon View Post
And why is this exciting? They should be working on Flick Sports Baseball and other things
12-12-2009, 07:49 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
I finally had to time to play "Hanged" today after buying it when came out last night and I'm very happy with it.
The stop motion animation is amazing (every time u pick a letter this one falls like a drop of water), the colors (black, white and red ) give this a gothic touch (Tim burton's style) and the music (piano mostly) is mesmerizing.
With every word uncovered, u have to piece together a story letter to unveil the story of the couple.
Brilliant.
12-12-2009, 07:52 PM
It looks ugly to me
Come on, Freeverse is more capable than this.

Add me on Steam for TF2: eggzbacon
12-12-2009, 09:06 PM
since i love word games, i think i will like it. to me, it's pretty and an interesting variation on hangman. thanks for your impressions goimot!

plus+ scoreloop crystal : looby
agon openfeint gamecenter: loobylibby
12-14-2009, 02:02 PM
Hey guys,

Hanged was done to be a combination of Programing and Art (without trying to be pretentious).

We knew we could just do standard artwork. But we wanted to fuse a very different style with some very cool fluid effects to create a different take on a very old and classic game.

You will notice the game has been designed to be very "Un-Gamey" as there is no menu, or even credits or legal text.

I've made a lot of games. You've played them.