★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Runica - Spell casting puzzle game with PvP $0.99

12-12-2009, 02:01 AM
Runica - Spell casting puzzle game with PvP $0.99

This is our first app Runica.
youTube Video

.99 on the app store: (was 1.99 - dropping price until more content gets added)

iTunes Link

Requires: iPhone or ipod touch 2nd generation and up. 3.1.2 OS required (due to bluetooth in the SDK build)

First off, a big thanks to group who have made cocos2d what it is today. This really allowed me to focus on my game ideas, and not get bogged down with openGL and quartz 2d code. Since I was pretty new to a mac, iphone, and Objective-C, I needed all the help I could get.

I have pages of game designs. I recruited my old high school friends to help on the graphics and sounds. We have since launched our own company Touch Craft Studios LLC. Now we have this app and another in review already.

We started with a more complex game idea and I quickly realized it was going to take a while to do it right. I wanted us to switch gears and build a simpler game in a month just to start getting things out there and bringing in some revenue. We could all use new mac gear and software.

So anyway I thought up this game Runica on October 12, 2009. It was approved December 10th. I started out with a bejeweled clone that was using diamonds and had an 8-way matching system. I then realized I could apply it to any geometric shape for the game grid. But we needed a theme. Then my graphics buddy said "How about a Nordic runes theme, and I'll draw some hot Valkyrie chicks and put runes on the gems".

Brilliant!

Then I thought that instead of simple match 3 stuff, how about we add some spell casting things to add a new level of gameplay. Then it turned into offensive and defensive spells. I applied this to the player versus the computer AI and also Player versus Player over bluetooth.

This is the end result of that. It turned out to be much better than the simple "let's make something quick first" game.

If you use a promo code please write a review in iTunes. I do that for all promos I've used from this forum.

Enjoy.

KL7HXPKETFRL
6L4HYRX43AHL
L6JMJHAHT7N6
LW6YXKWTX66L

Last edited by TouchCraftStudios; 12-17-2009 at 11:10 PM.
12-12-2009, 02:03 AM
Doesn't look bad! I'd work on a different video, though: I'd make it much shorter, tell people what they're seeing and maybe put some music in there as well!

Cheers,
Stefan

12-12-2009, 02:06 AM
embedded video

Youtube link | Pop Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
12-12-2009, 02:10 AM
Thanks. I couldn't figure out how to embed it.
12-12-2009, 02:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shentloc View Post
Doesn't look bad! I'd work on a different video, though: I'd make it much shorter, tell people what they're seeing and maybe put some music in there as well!

Cheers,
Stefan
Thanks. Yeah I just did this in the simulator quick and dirty.

We are working on a better camcorder one that shows two devices playing against each other.
12-12-2009, 11:13 AM
If more codes are needed

Not sure if anyone used these codes already, but if more are needed just post a request and I'll drop a few more in.

Thanks.
12-12-2009, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchCraftStudios View Post
Not sure if anyone used these codes already, but if more are needed just post a request and I'll drop a few more in.
All have been used. If you ask for a PM then only members can redeem the code.
12-12-2009, 11:19 AM
This looks great! Will you be adding a lite?

Add me on Steam for TF2: eggzbacon
12-12-2009, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggzbacon View Post
This looks great! Will you be adding a lite?
Yes, I will upload to Apple this weekend.

Will post when it's approved.

Thanks for the feedback.
12-12-2009, 04:54 PM
Ohhhh, I'm interested! If you find a loose code in your pocket, my PM is working. . Will this ever go online with it's own server??

Last edited by lacedolphin; 12-12-2009 at 05:00 PM.