★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Paper Pilot

01-12-2009, 11:35 PM
Paper Pilot

Looks interesting. Seems similar to that old Glider Pro game on the mac maybe? (though it doesn't appear you need to catch updrafts as you did with Glider Pro)

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=301639092&mt=8

Developers site has a few short videos:

http://paperpilot.clevercoding.com/video.html

Rich

"Take off in Clever Coding's newest game for iPhone and iPod Touch, “Paper Pilot!” Race against time to complete 8 challenging courses featuring some of the very best graphics on iPhone.

You will be flying with ease in seconds using Paper Pilot's intuitive controls, and racing your way to victory.
Starting with only 2 courses unlocked, fly qualifying times to receive your Test Pilot, Fighter Pilot and Captain's rankings, while unlocking the next levels. Your flying skills will be squarely challenged as you unlock longer courses and qualify for more and more ranks.

Enjoy the unsurpassed graphics of Paper Pilot, with details and a richness not to be found in any other game for iPhone or iPod Touch. Paper Pilot levels are beautifully built, textured and lit.

You will navigate these gorgeous 3D levels using intuitive controls based on device movement. As you tilt left and right, your paper airplane swoops left and right. As you tilt back and forward, your plane climbs and dives. Having trouble completing a challenging course? Swipe your finger down the screen to take it slow, then accelerate to break-neck speed to get your best finishing time.

Starting from nothing, earn 2 Test Pilot ranks in the first level to open the next 2 courses. Next, achieve 4 Fighter Pilot ranks to open courses 5 and 6. Open the Secret Level by achieving all Captain's ratings and find out if you have what it takes to beat the game."

Click image to enlarge.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	paper.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	767  

Last edited by salsamd; 03-03-2009 at 12:13 AM. Reason: added pict
01-12-2009, 11:45 PM
Send a message via MSN to D.Sync Send a message via Yahoo to D.Sync
Any ideas what is the game objective?

Updates from Casual Gamer

Plus+ ID: dsync89 (active in all We Rule, We Farm and We City)
OpenFeint ID: dsync89

01-12-2009, 11:45 PM
Nice find Rixm, this looks GOOD!

GameCenter: rich_952000
I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
@dick_952000 Love TouchArcade? Hit up their Patreon
01-12-2009, 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Sync View Post
Any ideas what is the game objective?
Seems to be to fly around and collect the paperclips from each level. Perhaps beat times for each level to unlock further...

Still poking around the website. It's on the large side at 33MB...

Rich
01-12-2009, 11:52 PM
the graphics are cool
01-12-2009, 11:53 PM
Pretty cool looking, I like the music in the videos as well. Seems like a relaxing daydreaming kinda game
01-12-2009, 11:59 PM
It'd be nice if in the videos they showed what happens when the plane hits a wall or that ceiling fan, or anything else. Does it just fall to the floor? I hope so It doesn't look very difficult from what I've seen. But it looks nice.
01-13-2009, 12:09 AM
So the nostalgia bug for Glider Pro bit me...

I've only played the first 2 levels so far

Plane flys/steers well.

Objective seems to be to fly though (collect) the paperclips on each level and continue to improve your times which if you beat the times the dev has established will let you earn more advanced rankings which will unlock the other levels.

Hope there are more obstacles/challenges or puzzles to work out/work through as the game advances. No more time to play with it tonight as I get up @ 04:30 for work.

Rich
01-13-2009, 12:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by schplurg View Post
It'd be nice if in the videos they showed what happens when the plane hits a wall or that ceiling fan, or anything else. Does it just fall to the floor? I hope so It doesn't look very difficult from what I've seen. But it looks nice.
Can't say about the celling fan (yet) but when the plane hits a wall it basically just stops.

Hope there are some challenges ahead in this. If it's just fly for time, it will be a bit disappointing.

We'll see.

Rich
01-13-2009, 12:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rixm View Post
Can't say about the celling fan (yet) but when the plane hits a wall it basically just stops.

Hope there are some challenges ahead in this. If it's just fly for time, it will be a bit disappointing.

We'll see.

Rich
Don't forget, devs site promises $ for high score competition.

GameCenter: rich_952000
I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
@dick_952000 Love TouchArcade? Hit up their Patreon