★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Media Mania (FREE)

12-12-2009, 02:07 PM
Media Mania (FREE)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
12-12-2009, 03:55 PM
Cute concept even as a blatant plug for HP but it seems to lock up a lot even after a full re-boot.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
12-12-2009, 04:14 PM
well that's not good, cause yeah it's a blatant plug but it did look like it could be amusing

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
12-12-2009, 04:30 PM
Game Impressions

I think the lock-ups are cause by not having any guys in play. This is NOT supposed to be a game ending situation nor does the game properly end in this case so, to be safe, always ensure there is at least one cartridge (the guys running around in the game) in play at all times.

The game itself?

It's hard to place exactly. You send little cartridge/hard drives rushing about in cyberspace ala Flight Control like line drawing maneuvers to suck up data. Data appears at random in varying sizes and you need to have one of your drives park itself next to one of these bubbles to suck the data down. Your drives suck data down until they're full at which point you need to dump them by flying off the bottom of the field. While sucking up data you're earning credits to buy new drives to aid in your data hoovering. You can buy many cheap guys or save up for a really whopping drive with a much faster transfer rate, your call. Let data sit out in the field too long without snagging it will result in a LOSS OF DATA which knocks down your life bar at the bottom of the screen based on how big a chunk of data it was (the game continues until you let 1.6 Tb slip past you).

Just to add a little extra twist there are also EMP bursts that will flare through the net at random intervals and unless you have an EMP Shield handy, half of the data still hanging out in cyberspace at the moment will be lost.

You can have upto 6 devices in play at any moment and need to ensure they don't bump into one another or you'll suffer a big loss in your life bar (200 Gb).

So, while a blatant plug for HP's latest backup crap, it's a cute, original, and most importantly, FREE line drawer.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews