★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Jet Car Stunts and Super Monkey Ball 2 questions:

12-12-2009, 05:47 PM
Jet Car Stunts and Super Monkey Ball 2 questions:

Super Monkey Ball 2: Is it worth it to buy for $5? I love the games on GameCube (with the exception of Super Monkey Ball Adventure), and really enjoyed the ones I played on DS and N-Gage. Will this one be satisfying for me?

Jet Car Stunts: Is this game anything like Rush: Extreme Racing? Really random question, but for some reason I'm getting a Rush vibe with it. Is that appropriate? Or is it different than that?
12-12-2009, 05:56 PM
Super Monkey Ball is definetly not worth it, especially if you are a fan because you will just be more disappointed. I have never played that game you mentioned, but I can tell you that Jet Car Stunts is definitely worth it for the price, fun, replayability, and physics.

My favorite game is doodle army, so check out the awesome game's twitter

12-12-2009, 05:59 PM
What would make me disappointed in Super Monkey Ball 2?
12-12-2009, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterChief3624 View Post
you said you loved it on gamecube, but since it is nowhere near as good as it was on gamecube, I just thought you might be a little disappointed.

My favorite game is doodle army, so check out the awesome game's twitter
12-12-2009, 06:04 PM
It's not like Rush, that game is mostly just racing, Jet Car Stunts is more about trying to finish tracks as quick as possible, no other racers involved. Whatever way you look at it though, it's an awesome game.
12-12-2009, 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterChief3624 View Post
What wouldn't?

Games I have beta tested: Minigore, Cogs, Guerilla Bob, Above and Beyond: Air Combat, Baseball Superstars 2010, 33rd Division, Cash Machine, 5 star General, Flick Football... Possibly some other ones I;ve forgotten
12-12-2009, 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8erdude50 View Post
you said you loved it on gamecube, but since it is nowhere near as good as it was on gamecube, I just thought you might be a little disappointed.
Lol and that's the reason I added the N-Gage and DS versions to my list. I don't care about graphics or scope, just that it holds up being as fun as those were. That's all

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfitskater6 View Post
It's not like Rush, that game is mostly just racing, Jet Car Stunts is more about trying to finish tracks as quick as possible, no other racers involved. Whatever way you look at it though, it's an awesome game.
Oooh.. all right. I like the sound of that a lot.

What makes it stunt racing? I haven't seen any people do tricks on it. Is it stuff like hitting a ramp at the right angle to barrel roll and stuff?

Also, is there an arena where you can just freely roam around and hit jumps at ridiculous speeds or anything?
12-12-2009, 06:59 PM
Sadly, no arena but hopefully something like that in an update.

The stunt part of the game is basically landing the huge jumps. when I saw the game I thought it would be pretty easy to make every jump, but you need to hold the boost button at the almost exact correct times to make jumps.

My opinion: the challenge of the game is not too frustrating, it just keeps you coming back. Best game on my ipod.

[ERROR<:>/ insert witty saying here/>]
12-12-2009, 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abruce42 View Post
Sadly, no arena but hopefully something like that in an update.

The stunt part of the game is basically landing the huge jumps. when I saw the game I thought it would be pretty easy to make every jump, but you need to hold the boost button at the almost exact correct times to make jumps.

My opinion: the challenge of the game is not too frustrating, it just keeps you coming back. Best game on my ipod.
So is it the kind of challenge where you never get frustrated because you know the reason why you failed is your own doing? (a la Ikaruga)
12-12-2009, 09:09 PM
Jet Car Stunts was really fun... until I beat it. Now it's really just taking up space. It's a great game, no doubt, but it seems to get old after a while.
On the other hand, I just picked up SMB2 yesterday, and it is worth every penny. 115 levels and mini-games (only one now, two more coming in updates) make this game very replayable. It's kinda tough to get used to the controls, but it doesn't get frustrating.
I recommend the latter.