★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Pocket God

01-13-2009, 03:17 AM
Pocket God

Hey Guys, Last night we were able to get a new update out, not much in terms of new features but I fixed the texture memory issue that was leading to some crashing and added a help screen. Hopefully will be released by Thursday.

If anyone has had a crash problem with the game, please contact me so I can verify that this fix works.

This weekend, planning on adding some new functionality. Probably the ability to rain hot lava on our little friends in an unmerciless manner. Am also looking to update our engine so our designers can export optimized animations straight from flash, this should help our production quite a bit so we can add new animations and events faster.

In order to address the requests concerning new content, I think we will try and get 1 update a week until we have enough for people to play with.

Also we are starting to think about functionality that will involve evolving and customizing your islands. We definitely want to move in this direction but don't want to go the straight sim route without having some kind of cruel twist to the way you can manage your guys.
01-13-2009, 06:14 AM
as i have said before, i will buy the game as soon as the new features arrive, but what the hell.. i bought it to support the dev team. i find the game interesting and good, keep up! looking forward for updates!

01-13-2009, 11:14 AM
Sounds awesome dude, looking forward to it!

Cobalt and Calcium- THE Coheed and Cambria fansite- NEW ALBUM COMING SOON!!!!

Waiting for- Bioshock, NHL 10, FIFA 10, Guerrilla Bob, NOVA, Sketch Nation
01-13-2009, 11:51 AM
now this is what i want to hear!,
i wanted the game but thought it dosent look violent enough,now it sounds good, I just hope the lava can burn a guy in half
01-14-2009, 09:13 PM
the new update has just been made live. This does not add any new functionality but looks to address crash bugs that some users have been experiencing. Please let us know if the game is crashing for you after this update, or if the game has crashed for you in the past and the new update fixed the issue for you.
01-14-2009, 10:12 PM
This game could be freakin' awesome, but it seems kinda bland at the moment.
01-14-2009, 10:27 PM
this game would be really cool if it was more like interactive buddy
from addictinggames.com
01-14-2009, 11:55 PM
Nah, I won't pick this up. Not worth it..
01-14-2009, 11:57 PM
But with the updates, it will be, i think this looks super promising....

Cobalt and Calcium- THE Coheed and Cambria fansite- NEW ALBUM COMING SOON!!!!

Waiting for- Bioshock, NHL 10, FIFA 10, Guerrilla Bob, NOVA, Sketch Nation