★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
View Poll Results: Let me smash'em tomatoes for free!
Yes 30 90.91%
No 3 9.09%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll
App description: The #1 robot smashing game for the Appstore is now FREE! Download now!

How can you support smackBOTS as a free game, please check out our other iPhone games and leave us a review in iTunes or Appstore. That will help us in making smackBOTS better!

Number 92 in Top Free Apps.
Number 42 in Top Free Games.
Number 16 in Top Free Action Games.
Number 2 in Top Free Kids Games.

Rated 4 out of 5 by 148apps.com
SmackBOTS is a fun game. Nothing entertains me more than a game I can dive right into without having to worry about strategy and story lines. The animation is simple, yet amusing and the game play is challenging in spite of the deceptively easy controls.

Reviewed by TheAppEra.com

"If the game reminds you of an old classic toy, then you are right on target! Its a RockEm SockEm fighter on your iPhone. Its fun and doesnt take up hardly any room on your device. Sometimes you just need to beat the crap out of a robot."

LeftRight Studios introduces to you our first title for the IPhone and IPod Touch. smackBOTS is an action-packed game with an intriguing story line where robots battle each other in an arcade style setting. smackBOTS promises fun and excitement with thumb smashing speed, special combo moves, complemented with excellent graphics and audio. Gamers who have played smackBOTS felt like they were playing Rockem Sockem in the new millennium; filled with action-packed sequences like streetfighter.ouTou will battle 6 levels with other robots in a single player mode. Your defense budget gets a boost beating each evil bot that comes after you. Use your defense budget to buy upgrades such as combo moves. Speed up that swing of yours and attack by buying the Oil lubrication.

- Single player mode with 6 levels; battle against computer with a single player story line.

- Multiplayer over WIFI. Now you can battle other players over the internet. Win the fight and get a boost to your defense budget.

- Customize your robot with different color and head attachment options.

- Use tilt control to move your smackBOTS!

- Buy and unlock secret combo moves.

- Upgrade your attach speed by buying oil lubrications.

- When the battle gets tough, hit the berserk button and your quick smashing robot arms will crash your opponent. Or protect yourself from your opponent's berserk moves.

- Unlock additional robot head and color options when your defense budget gets a boost from winning fights.

- Two levels of difficulty. If you think you've seen it all, try "I'VE GOT CRAZY THUMB SPEED!" and take up the challenge.

As you can see, smackBOTS is an ongoing development game, we have been updating smackBOTS since version 1.0 in June.

Response to review questions:
Thanks for all the reviews, good or bad. We're also working on these upcoming features:

- Armor and weapons.
- Making multiplayer faster and better.
- New smackBOTS heads.
- Train your smackBOTS to increase Power Index.

khangtoh's comments:
Hey TouchArcaders

We recently released our 2nd game KatchUp, and if you don't know about KatchUp, here's the TA thread: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...hlight=katchup

So we recently made smackBOTS free for AppventCalendar and have received superb responses and smackBOTS is still free! In fact, smackBOTS has overtook Eliminate in Top free games.

So that leads us to this thread, should we make KatchUp free? Why don't you help us decide!

Youtube link | Pop Up
12-13-2009, 12:44 AM
Well I did like SmackBots when I got it a while back .

Game Center: B34$T
Proud beta-tester for a bunch of cool games.
Dual-stick shooter fan

12-13-2009, 12:48 AM
Originally Posted by B34$T View Post
Well I did like SmackBots when I got it a while back .
Thanks, it's now free to get as many people playing multiplayer, now the lobby has at least 3-5 players so its pretty awesome.

Co-Founder/ IPhone Game Programmer
LeftRight Studios | LeftRight Studios Game Videos | Our iPhone Games: smackBOTS (Free) Top 100 App | KatchUp
12-13-2009, 12:50 AM
Doesn't affect me, have both games
12-13-2009, 12:50 AM
it could help with exposure for the app

Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
12-13-2009, 05:48 AM
I definitely liked the video. I think it's a good idea to make it free!
12-13-2009, 06:01 AM
One wise man once said "Best things in life are free".

We Rule ID: Sclerosis
Godfinger ID: Elkas
OpenFeint/Gameloft Live/Astro Ranch ID: Elkas
12-13-2009, 06:35 AM
so...will you finally make it free?
12-13-2009, 07:14 AM
anyways smackBOTS quite sucks.. u just keep tapping left and right...

it will make yuur iphone not spoil too...it will make your iphone not sensitive..so u need to press very hard next time..
12-13-2009, 07:16 AM
Make it free for a week.

Start to get known and get more sales hopefully.

Playing: RavenSword: The Fallen King, Zenonia and Doom Classic.
Waiting For: Dead Strike. Vampire Origins.
Plus+: Kerrby
GameLoft Live: Kerrby