★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Zattikka
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 2.9 MB
  • Version: 1
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Now on iPhone and iPod Touch, the critically acclaimed Phantom Mansion - Episode 1: The Red Chamber

"I can't keep my thumb off of Phantom Mansion: The Red Chamber... I don't know why I can't stop playing the thing... with the smart, simple puzzling, I found myself totally charmed", Joystiq.com

Dare you enter the Phantom Mansion?

Control Hector the Spectre Detector through the first chamber of the Mansion.

Hector must make his way through 22 levels filled with devilish puzzles using crates, switches and keys to retrieve all the skulls from the chamber, but he must also avoid collapsing floors, zombies, skeletons and the void.

The Red Chamber is the first episode of the Phantom Mansion: Spectrum if Souls series, watch out for seven more parts to come!

Follow Gimme5games at twitter.com/gimme5games

goiMot's comments:

Link to the lite version: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/phantom-mansion-the-red-chamber/id341046118?mt=8
12-13-2009, 12:56 AM
transferring my post

Looks very good. But only 22 levels? I wonder how long is each level.

12-13-2009, 01:05 AM
Nice that there's a lite version right off, to try out. Also nice of the devs to pick screens showing that the virtual d-pad is interchangeable yoo.

GameCenter: rich_952000
I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
@dick_952000 Love TouchArcade? Hit up their Patreon
12-13-2009, 01:34 AM
I tried the lite out. Really cool puzzle game, its like a cross between Adventures of Lolo and Boxed in. Although good, it wasn't too challenging. Hopefully the full version has some more difficult levels. Store descriptions says 22 total, I'm not sure if that's enough.
12-13-2009, 03:52 AM
If you guys want to try the web version: here's the link. It's probably exactly what you getting if you are buying the full version. 22 levels.

Here's the list of episodes out there. I think I ever only played some of the red version and maybe a bit of orange.
12-13-2009, 04:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblack View Post
If you guys want to try the web version: here's the link. It's probably exactly what you getting if you are buying the full version. 22 levels.

Here's the list of episodes out there. I think I ever only played some of the red version and maybe a bit of orange.
thanks, I just played a few levels and it appears to be the same so far. I really like the game, its just begging for more levels.
12-13-2009, 09:53 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedog View Post
I tried the lite out. Really cool puzzle game, its like a cross between Adventures of Lolo and Boxed in. Although good, it wasn't too challenging. Hopefully the full version has some more difficult levels. Store descriptions says 22 total, I'm not sure if that's enough.
Agree, I think the lite is not challenging enough. Ill wait for more reviews of the full version.
12-17-2009, 03:25 PM
Game Impressions

The lite version only has the first six levels which are kind of an introduction to the various game elements. The later levels get bigger and much more challenging (as you'd expect since the early ones are more like tutorials) with some clever puzzles that really make you think and take numerous attempts to solve. I'm most impressed by the level design (which is a big compliment from me) as they made some unique and tricky puzzles from simple elements like bridges, switches, cracked floors, boxes, etc.

The graphics are quite retro but cool all the same and the music and atmospheric sounds are great. As a whole the Red chapter is relatively easy, but it does teach you some important lessons and tricks that you need in Orange, Yellow, etc.
12-17-2009, 08:08 PM
I realize this is a better than average puzzle game(same as the flash game) but its unclear where the dev is going with this. This is the first episode...22 levels at $2... I breezed right through the lite version, the levels were easy. So it becomes a question of content for price. In the description it says that there are 7 more episodes on the way...ok are those gonna be downloadable content...free? or $2 for each episode? (22 more quick levels)
09-08-2010, 11:04 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
On sale for 99c.