★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Torn Galaxies - Just launched!

12-13-2009, 11:00 AM
Torn Galaxies (1.99$) - Just launched!

Hi all

It gives me great pleasure to announce, that my iphone game TornGalaxies is ready for download at the app store.

Since I know there are lots of skilled gamers on this board, I would like to invite you all to play this game, and let me know what you think.

It is a online realtime/turnbased strategy game, leaving a lot of room for strategic thinking.

It takes place in the far corners of the galaxy, in a epic scifi world, where major corporations and alien species battle each other into extinction.

The website torngalaxies.com contains all kinds of usefull information about the game and its possibilities.

Any feedback would be most appreciated, either here or on torngalaxies@nilsmunch.com

This project is mainly made to fund my main project, CozyQuest, which will have a version 2.0 launching soon.

I hope you will like my game, and I look forward to your feedback.

If anyone out there has a review website, mail me for a promo-code and im sure we can work something out.

Last edited by Nils Munch; 12-13-2009 at 01:26 PM.
12-13-2009, 11:04 AM
hey nils, welcome back to the forums.

the game sounds pretty good, nice bit of depth to it and your games are always visually appealing

Currently playing: Joe Dever's Lone Wolf and FM2014

12-13-2009, 11:07 AM
Yeah, CozyQuest was the best text-based MMO IMHO.
Cool to see that you are still working on CozyQuest, I hope that you release 2.0 soon.

Add me on Steam for TF2: eggzbacon
12-13-2009, 11:23 AM
Info and screens

CozyQuest was fun, so I look forward to this one too.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
12-13-2009, 11:42 AM
Thanks all. I know i have been abscent for some time, but i was suffering from severe physical problems (apperantly, spinal fluid is a good thing) - but I am slowly returning to the scene.

As for graphics, the keen eye will observe that the main artist from CozyQuest who is back in Torn Galaxies, and is the designer behind both the starships and the playable races.

We will have three new races playable for next update

Last edited by Nils Munch; 12-13-2009 at 01:15 PM.
12-13-2009, 02:40 PM

Game looks pretty awesome, Nils. Not a bad job at all!

So what new races are you thinkin' about adding to the game? I'm sure it'll be neat!

Keep up the good work!
12-13-2009, 03:27 PM
Looks pretty cool, I might pick this up.
Never did dip my feet into this type of game.
12-13-2009, 03:56 PM
Quick question.... Is this playable against an AI or is it strictly online?
12-13-2009, 04:05 PM
Game Impressions

I had my first attempt at the game (actually i is still running but I won't be the winner) and I must say it is a really good strategy game. Mechanics are simple but efficient and there's enough variety in the core possibilies to keep the game interesting on the long run.

I'm not so sure on the real-time aspect of the game though. On one hand, having a turn every 10 minutes gives you ample time to do other things at the same time, but on the other hand, it means that you have to be quite dedicated to keep on playing for at least 1h30. And from what i've seen, missing a few turns here and there is really not an option.

I would really love an offline version of the game. I guess it takes the development on a whole new level if you wanna get the AI efficient, but it'll be difficult for me to play online...

This said, gratz the to the dev: visuals are nice, music is good, and the game is really polished.
12-13-2009, 04:11 PM
Thanks thevagrant, good to hear you liked it.

Yes, it IS a timeconsuming game, and it takes some time to complete (ranging from 30 mins to a couple of hours...) but its a part of the game itself.

A AI is well underway, but will only be finished when all 18 races (our goal) and all planned extras are inside the game.

Our goal is to have 8 base races plus 8 additional races in a addon (0.99$) which will contain some additional music.

The deadline for this goal is late January (give or take for the appstore approval process...)