★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Burning Tires is Free

01-13-2009, 07:23 AM
Burning Tires is Free

Link to full version. (1.79 UK)

Link to free Lite version.

I am downloading the lite version and having a go. Anyone played it yet?
01-13-2009, 07:28 AM
I did not play it (I'm at work). It looks interesting, but in the screenshots in the AppStore you can see, that the texture quality and the polygon count is really low. Maybe this fades away when seeing this game in action.

Who tries it?

Edit: Video

Youtube link | Pop Up

Edit2: From the video this looks like a kart racer. Maybe that's the first good kart racing game for the iPhone! I'll definitely try this out this evening!

--
taptoplay.de

Plus+: Lakeshore / OpenFeint & Game Center: taptoplay.de

Last edited by Oliver; 01-13-2009 at 07:31 AM.

01-13-2009, 07:39 AM
Thanks for the vid Oliver.

Had a good play on the lite version and I must say I am rather unimpressed. The lite version includes one track and one car. The menus are all very nice, but you have to wait a few seconds for each new screen to appear, which is rather annoying. You have accelerometer control (without any sensitivity adjust) or touch control. There is NO control for gas or brake. It steps on the gas for you and you have no alternative but to go around corners at full speed. There are no items to collect on the track. Just you and a few other cars to race against. I turned off the rather annoying music and found the game to include sound effects for crashing etc, but NO engine noise!
Overall, the experience was rather boring. In fact, I'd go as far to say Cro-Mag is far superior (which is saying something!). The full version is at a fair price, but I personally didn't like the game enough to warrant paying for the full version.
01-13-2009, 07:48 AM
looks like a poor man's version of cromag (which is superb imo).
01-13-2009, 08:08 AM
graphics are good, i just noticed one, on the first track there's a part there wherein you could see the beautiful sunrays though i noticed that if the game was running in 16fps(assumed number) the game goes to 14fps(assumed again) and goes back to the original FPS ,other than that, game is smooth.
01-13-2009, 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kramszed View Post
other than that, game is smooth.
Yes I'll give you that, the game is smooth. However, the fact that there is just a few cars racing round a track with no pick-ups/weapons (which suits this type of game) is probably the reason for that.
01-13-2009, 08:28 AM
OK what is with the confederate flag on the cars? Does it have anything to do with racism? I hate these subliminal messages, really. Why can't they make a clean game free from petty prejudices?
01-13-2009, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wastedyuthe View Post
Yes I'll give you that, the game is smooth. However, the fact that there is just a few cars racing round a track with no pick-ups/weapons (which suits this type of game) is probably the reason for that.
agree,
01-13-2009, 08:42 AM
burnin tires? I tot it was burning rd which i use to play on my old playstation. The graphics is nice to me and game play pretty smooth. But, really. Why can't we control the acceleration?

Like others say, if you have things to pickup along the way like power ups etc.That would be fun too. I wish they could at least have us racing against the other cars in the lite version.

I don' know. No options on choosing manual or auto acceleration and no other cars to race with in this single map lite version makes me do a u-turn on buying the full version.

A good sword remain inside its sheath
A good M16 remain in safe mode
God! So, many games n so little money!!
01-13-2009, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by along123 View Post
I wish they could at least have us racing against the other cars in the lite version.

I don' know. No options on choosing manual or auto acceleration and no other cars to race with in this single map lite version makes me do a u-turn on buying the full version.
You can race against the other cars in the lite version. I did, twice. That was before I deleted it

[edit] just for you I have re-installed it to see what I did. Click Play on main menu, Start Race, Press Next arrow at bottom of track select (Heatwave track), select Green Lizard car by pressing Next arrow again. Done. Race against 3 other cars.

Last edited by wastedyuthe; 01-13-2009 at 08:49 AM.