★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: EXPERIENCE THE THRILL OF FORMULA ONE!
Step into the driving seat of stars like 2009 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPION Jenson Button, Lewis Hamilton and Fernando Alonso and test yourself on legendary circuits in F1 2009, the official game of FORMULA ONE from Codemasters.

-----------------------------------------------

JUMP INTO BUTTONS BRAWN OR FELIPES FERRARI
Fully licensed, F1 2009 features all the teams, cars and drivers from the 2009 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP.

RACE ALL 17 OFFICIALLY LICENSED CIRCUITS
Feel the exhilaration of speeding around iconic circuits like Monaco, Spa Francorchamps and Silverstone, or enjoy dramatic night racing at Singapore.

TWO GREAT GAME MODES!
Put in a flying lap in Time Trial, perfectly tuned for on the go gaming, or take on Endurance for the ultimate test of skill and consistency and set your fastest average time over a number of laps.

STUNNING GRAPHICS
The world of FORMULA ONE comes to life with faithful recreations of motorsports most advanced racing cars and authentic, world famous circuits.

ACHIEVE BLISTERING SPEEDS WITH K.E.R.S.
Use K.E.R.S. to blast down straights and set lightening quick lap times in FORMULA ONEs 200MPH+ racing cars.

RACE AS A NOVICE, RACE AS PRO
Driving aids - including a dynamic racing line, corner indicators, braking assist and more - can all be switched on or off to match your ability.

CUSTOMISABLE CONTROLS
Adjust steering sensitivity, control layout and horizon tilt to find the perfect race set up for your style of driving. Controlling the game is simple: tilt to steer; use the on-screen pedals to accelerate and brake; and get a K.E.R.S. boost by pressing the speed dial.

SHARE YOUR PROGRESS WITH THE WORLD
F1 2009 uses the AGON Online Social Platform for iPhone Games and iPod Games to get you connected with other players around the world. See how your lap times compare against the rest of the world, players in your local area, or your friends on leaderboards for each track in each game mode. Create friends lists and share your best times on social networking sites using the integrated Facebook and Twitter features.

Visit www.formula1-game.com

12-14-2009, 01:10 AM
Woot!

Awesome!

Occasional Reviewer on ThePortableGamer
Official Reviewer on Razorianfly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Space Girl
It was like the other day I went to MarthaStewart.com's forums for advice on how to program my new T-89 graphing calculator and well, let's just say no one there was very helpful.
12-14-2009, 01:11 AM
thanks freedog, i was just looking for video to post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
12-14-2009, 01:12 AM
Wow! First Codemasters game for iPhone/iPOD Touch. Downloading.

iPhone 6 and iPad Mini iOS 8
12-14-2009, 01:13 AM
wasn't expecting this game to be released, but it looks alright. Waiting for impressions...
12-14-2009, 01:20 AM
Will post my impressions shortly
12-14-2009, 01:22 AM
Sweet, post some impressions, please.

Challenge me on Gamecenter: tblrsa
App-Echo - Your place for German iOS App and Game Reviews
Follow us on Twitter!
12-14-2009, 01:40 AM
Initial impressions:

-graphics are well done for what the iDevice is capable of. Definitely more detailed than Real Racing in terms of scenery/objects on screen.

-Love the dust particles that kick up if you drive into the dirt/grass areas

-A decent amount of options and assists to tweak including horizon tilt, control layouts and accelerometer sensitivity.

-Sounds get the job done but nothing to write home about

-As mentioned in by others and in previews, there's no 'career' mode per se as your only stuck with time trial and endurance racing trying to get a high average lap time over a number of laps

I've only put in about 15min but its a good first go for Codemasters although I wish they would have fleshed out the offerings as far as having a beefy Career mode. The price is a tad high for what you get if your a casual fan of the genre, but if your a racing fan looking for another fairly polished racer, it's hard to pass up.

3/5 if I had to rate the game based on initial impressions