★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: "Machine Vs Machine Gun is quite a fun game, and could draw you in for a few hours of robot blasting fun." - App Spy review

"solid shooter" - ifanzine review

Machine V.S. Machine Gun

Main Story

In 2073 alien robots declared war on the human race. To prevent humans from developing a stronger defense, the robots started attacking our weapon development centers. Out of the 3 weapon development centers, one in particular was most vital. Base S2-95. The robots attacked and captured Base S2-95, mercilessly killing everyone inside. Fortunately, the main research lab was not harmed by any robots. Moments after their arrival, Sgt. Jackson and his squad was devastated and killed by the robots. Sgt. Jackson survived alone and now, he alone must defend the surviving research lab.

The Game

Play as Sgt. Jackson as he defends 8 areas that are most vital for the survival of this research lab. Can you hold off the invasion before the robots take over? One man survives the terrible onslaught of the robots; can he survive till the end? It's up to YOU to find out.

Game Highlights

- Play in 8 different levels in the game, and with each new level, there holds new surprises.

- Fast paced action with a sheild that you can deploy to defend yourself from damage from the enemy.

- Uprade your machine gun up to three times for a stronger defense against the enemy

- Full 3D action experience..

- A wide range of different robots in the game.

- Easy to use touch controls.

Hints and tips

- The boss at the end of each level is very tough to defeat. Its better to use the laser to defeat the boss.

- The shield must be timed correctly. It takes a split second for the shield to come up. So, use your shield before the enemy fire hits you.

- Robots with a green ring give you money, robots with a red ring give you health.
Make sure you destroy these efficiently.

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

12-14-2009, 04:30 AM
Looks Good . What say?
Only 8 levels though.

12-14-2009, 04:58 AM
Send a message via AIM to kohjingyu
12-14-2009, 05:13 AM
Cool I've been waiting for this. Downloading.

Fondle me on Twitter:@JaredTA
12-14-2009, 09:49 AM
The graphics are really cool, any impressions yet Boardumb?

Add me on Steam for TF2: eggzbacon
12-14-2009, 10:36 AM
yup, looking forward to hearing what you gotta say, this does look cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
12-14-2009, 03:11 PM
impressions?

Hey I'm Rob, I occasionally write for TouchArcade! Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/robfunnell3
12-14-2009, 03:12 PM
oesnt look that good to me as an fps, but as an arcade game, it might be worth a try

Beta tester of 54 games
Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
Thats a nice lookin gun.
12-14-2009, 03:55 PM
No one has tried this?

Hey I'm Rob, I occasionally write for TouchArcade! Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/robfunnell3
12-14-2009, 09:09 PM
Ok, I played for about an hour last night. So far I'm really liking it. Basically you're a fixed turret, and you control the direction of your shooting with one thumb. This mechanic works quite well. Just subtly rolling the pressure of your thumb gives you the ability to aim and shoot anything on screen. And it's fairly accurate, although takes a couple of games to get used to. Waves of enemies come at you from the tunnel entrance, most will stop short of your turret and begin firing at you. The smaller enemies can't shoot you, but can run right up into your turret and cause damage. There's a shield button in the left corner. Pressing this blocks all enemy damage for a few short seconds, but you can't fire at the same time as shielding. So the gameplay boils down to trying to shoot the different enemies as they come at you, and blocking briefly when you're about to take damage. The system works quite well, and as far as I know is unique to any other games.

Besides shooting the enemies, an occasional power up will float your way and you must shoot it down to get it. These powerups are either more health or money. The health fills up an increment of your health bar, and the money you collect to go towards upgrading your weapon. Apparently you can upgrade your gun 3 times. I've only upgraded it once, but it made my gun much deadlier. It's a difficult balance, too, because going for the powerups causes you to take your attention off the enemies which can be deadly. Besides upgrading your gun, you can also purchase a health bar recharge or a 3-use laser weapon. I haven't tried out either of those yet.

This game is pretty hard. I've only beat the first level, but there seems to be 8 total levels and once you've beaten one it unlocks so you can choose it anytime. The first level consisted of 100 enemies total. At about the 50 enemy mark, a sub boss comes out. Once you destroy that, it goes back to waves of the normal enemies. At the end, I had to fight 2 of the previous sub bosses in a row, and then battle a final boss that was quite huge. One thing I noticed about the final boss, or any enemy for that matter, is there's no way to tell how much damage you're doing to them. I felt like I was firing into the final boss for like 10 straight minutes. I wasn't sure if I was shooting him in the right spot, so I just sort of kept at it. Eventually, he died. This unlocked the next level, which already right off the bat was much harder than the first.

The graphics are pretty good too. If you like mechs you will like the enemies in this game. There's a pretty nice variety so far, and they are fairly detailed and animate nicely. I'll be interested to see if there's different enemies in the later levels. Already in level 2, there's a new type of enemy that flies into you from the sky, which threw me off and made me die even quicker. This is the type of game that you'll really have to practice at, and not be afraid of dying and trying again. But it's a fun ride, and I'm looking forward to the challenge.

The tl;dr summary:

Fun game. Cool graphics and sound. The controls work really well after a slight learning curve. It's brutally hard so far, but not in an off-putting way. It has that arcade shooter quality to it. I'm not familiar with the dev, so I can't say if there will be any updates in the future. But currently, this game is easily worth $1. I feel like there's a lot of game here, and I've only scratched the surface of it.

My couple of suggestions:

- An Easy mode. You can choose any level at Normal or Hard, but not Easy. The Normal is pretty friggin hard, and could be a turnoff for more casual gamers. This game could really benefit from an easier mode.

- Enemy damage meters. I'd like a little meter to pop up over enemies that let you know how close they are to dying. For the typical enemy it's not that big of a deal, but for the bigger bosses it can be confusing on how much damage you're doing to them, or if you're even hurting them at all.

I'll report back if any other issues arise, but so far I'd recommend this game to shooter or mech fans. If you can deal with the brutal difficulty, it's a fun and interesting game.

Fondle me on Twitter:@JaredTA

Last edited by Boardumb; 12-16-2009 at 02:33 AM.