★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Proofreading in German and translation into German for free to build portfolio

12-14-2009, 06:29 AM
Proofreading in German and translation into German for free to build portfolio

Hi All,

I think this is the most appropriate place to post this. I am looking for developers who want to offer their software in German. I am trying to build a portfolio translating iPhone apps, so I am willing to do this for free at the moment.

I can either proofread German or translate from English into German. I am not a translator (yet) but I have worked at a localization company for a couple of years already (not as a translator but in sales). This gives me a good understanding on how software translation works, including proofreading, linguistic testing etc. and what things to watch out for/what problems can occur during translation.

Even though I lack direct experience in translation, I think this gives me at least a much better skill set to start with than for somebody who has never had anything to do with translation at all. I have a passion for languages and this is just something I would like to do on the side privately as I have enough time at hand even though I have a full-time job.

I am not looking for 100,000 words RPG jobs as that is of course out of my scope but I think for many games this is not the case and in those cases it might be great for smaller developers on a budget to make their software available to the hundreds of thousands German iPhone and iPod Touch users out there.

I am a gamer myself so I would have no problems translating text specific to gaming.

So if you are interested or have any other questions, send me a PM. Thanks.

Last edited by don1709; 12-14-2009 at 06:35 AM.
12-14-2009, 06:33 AM
and of course it should say portfolio in the title and not portofolio...a small typo I just noticed

12-14-2009, 06:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1709 View Post
and of course it should say portfolio in the title and not portofolio...a small typo I just noticed
You can still change the title. I think the window is 5 minutes. So hurry up
12-14-2009, 06:36 AM
You were right. Thanks for the tip. I Didn't know you have to click on "advanced" before you can edit the title.
12-15-2009, 03:42 PM
Cool offer, I sent you a pm. Thanks!
12-17-2009, 08:01 AM
thanks for all the PMs guys. Just wanted to say that I cannot take more requests at the moment. There is plenty to start with now. If that changes again I'll report back here again.
12-17-2009, 10:11 AM
As there seems to be a great demand in Translations Services, id like to point out that im also considering to accept a few free Translation Jobs from English to German.

Im doing this in my sparetime, so im only willing to take one or two small jobs at a time for the moment. RPGs are out of my scope aswell, as they just contain too much text to translate.

Just drop me a PM.

Challenge me on Gamecenter: tblrsa
App-Echo - Your place for German iOS App and Game Reviews
Follow us on Twitter!