★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

best independently developed games

12-14-2009, 12:33 PM
#1
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 41
best independently developed games

So, as I've explained before, I'm new to the iPhone, and don't really know much of what is "big name" and what is indy. I'd like to be able to check out some of the good indy games. Old or new doesn't matter, just good.

any recommendations? (ps, price isn't a factor here, so i'd rather just know the good games rather than the good value for the money games.

Thanks
12-14-2009, 12:55 PM
#2
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme View Post
So, as I've explained before, I'm new to the iPhone, and don't really know much of what is "big name" and what is indy. I'd like to be able to check out some of the good indy games. Old or new doesn't matter, just good.

any recommendations? (ps, price isn't a factor here, so i'd rather just know the good games rather than the good value for the money games.

Thanks
That's a lot of games. You probably would do best by either defining what kinds of games you like a bit more narrowly (there are indie games in every category), or by checking out Apple's own Best of 2009 list, which includes a fair amount of indie games.

12-14-2009, 01:33 PM
#3
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 3,839
Indie = Independent Developer's(')
Hope tht helps

Mis-quotes!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodSon View Post
The bottom two is where you can buy your bottom turrets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
at this point I should say we're not looking for anymore guys
12-14-2009, 01:39 PM
#4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimo View Post
Indie = Independent Developer's(')
Hope tht helps
Why would it? It's still a a heck of a lot of games -- in fact, I would venture to say it's the majority of games in the App Store.
12-14-2009, 01:44 PM
#5
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,476
Spider
Wheeler's treasure,
Samurai-way of the warrior
Bloody x-mas.
Sway

There's my own short biased list..

My friend said to me, "I think the weather's trippy." I said, "No, man, it's not the weather that's trippy, perhaps it is the way that we perceive it that is indeed trippy." Then I thought, "Man, I should've just said, 'Yeah."CS.one R3DC3ll Faction-Join us or die...proud member of TheBeastlyNinja Epic-uber elite comedy crew
12-14-2009, 01:48 PM
#6
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Cardiff, UK
Posts: 353
• Ravensword
12-14-2009, 01:49 PM
#7
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 6,509
There's honestly way too many to be able to name every single good one and not leave any out.
12-14-2009, 01:53 PM
#8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamazar View Post
There's honestly way too many to be able to name every single good one and not leave any out.
My point exactly.
12-14-2009, 02:07 PM
#9
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,532
Basically, most games that aren't published by gameloft, namco, or konami are indie games.
Not sure whether ngmoco would be considered indie or not.
12-14-2009, 02:09 PM
#10
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 3,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
Why would it?
C'mon!
I was just explaining him wht an Indy is!
I NEVER denied tht it is NOT a large amount of games... Did I ?

Mis-quotes!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodSon View Post
The bottom two is where you can buy your bottom turrets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
at this point I should say we're not looking for anymore guys