★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Have you ever played a match3 game in a physics world?

Please fellow us on:
http://twitter.com/reanix/
Any question or feedback please send to:
reanix@live.com

PS:If you use a slow EDGE network ,please disable openfeint or cause crash the game.

New England Gamer's comments:

Lite now available!
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/falli...347177145?mt=8
12-14-2009, 07:25 PM
Looks fun!

Am I right in seeing constantly shifting missions for bonus points or something (destroy these guys but not this one)?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews

12-14-2009, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Looks fun!

Am I right in seeing constantly shifting missions for bonus points or something (destroy these guys but not this one)?
Yes you are!
12-14-2009, 09:23 PM
This is a fairly decent match 3 game. Its like a cross of Tetris and Bejeweled, there are all kinds of shapes included...blocks, triangles, rectangles of different sizes. The goal is to match 3 of the same color shapes as they fall but they don't have to be perfectly aligned they just have to be touching eachother for a split second and then they disappear. Physics apply when the pieces hit eachother or the bottom.

You score points for every match you make. Each level presents you with a challenge such as "score x amount of points" and "don't destroy any blue blocks" for example. You just have to complete the required goals to advance to the next level. The levels have different challenges so it doesn't get repetitive. The only way to lose a level is if the screen fills up to the top.

Falling Match uses touch controls... drag left, right, and down to move the shapes in the direction you want and tap to rotate. No problem with the controls.

The game is somewhat addicting because of the challenges, which are simple at first and then gradually become harder. There is a leaderboard to submit your high scores. I was planning on trying the game out for 10 minutes and ended up playing for a half an hour. Overall its a good match 3 game and not just another Tetris/Bejeweled wannabe.
12-14-2009, 11:28 PM
Here is a game play video for you guys to check out:

Youtube link | Pop Up

It shows the challenges of one of the levels and then the "penalty" if you destroy the shape (in this case) that you are not supposed to which is the platform rises a bit.
12-15-2009, 10:38 AM
Hey,Freedog.
Have you notice the fire button?
You can use it to burn block which is currently falling.
It's very useful.
And thanks for play this game.

Puzzle game Falling Match = Tetris + Color match 3 + Physics.
12-15-2009, 12:05 PM
I did but I havent had the need to use it all that much. It will probably be more useful deeper in the game.
12-16-2009, 08:27 AM
really exited to try this one out i like this style graphics etter than the last one

Minigore Beta Tester
53rd Battalion // 5 Star General: Demolitions Sector
12-16-2009, 08:53 AM
I do like it but I have a minor nit-pick. As far as I can tell each block destroyed is 5 points. Shouldn't there be some incentive to get 4 and 5 piece matches? As it stands there is absolutely no incentive to do anything more than match 3 at a time.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
12-16-2009, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
I do like it but I have a minor nit-pick. As far as I can tell each block destroyed is 5 points. Shouldn't there be some incentive to get 4 and 5 piece matches? As it stands there is absolutely no incentive to do anything more than match 3 at a time.
Actually,the point is different.
If you destory 3 ,the points=5*3,
if more than 3,the points =10*n.

And if the shape is in same color and same shape,the points is different too.
Your suggestion is good,and i think need different effect so client can see it clearly.

Puzzle game Falling Match = Tetris + Color match 3 + Physics.