★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Minigore Petition: A Tribute to Egoraptor

View Poll Results: Do you want to see an Egoraptor character in Minigore?
Yes. 106 89.83%
No. 12 10.17%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll
12-14-2009, 10:23 PM
Minigore Petition: A Tribute to Egoraptor

For reference, Arin Hanson, better known to the Internet as Egoraptor, is something of a celebrity on Newgrounds for his Awesome series (parodies of various video games), and more recently for the Girl-Chan in Paradise series (a broad parody of anime) and Lemon 'n Bill, but TouchArcade users would most likely know him best for providing the voices for several of the characters in Minigore. Specifically, he voiced John Gore, Jerry Gore, and Santa. And while, from what I've read in the Minigore thread, some people weren't particularly appreciative of the voices, it seems to be the general opinion that they were well-written and well-delivered. Or at least funny.

Another user (craighauser, to be specific) and I were talking about Egoraptor in one of the Minigore threads, and he brought up how Egoraptor deserved his own character in the game for the work he's done on the game. I concurred, but expressed my doubts that it would happen. But he suggested a petition, and here we are.

If you're unfamiliar with his works, I suggest that you visit his website (linked to in the first paragraph) and watch some of his Awesome videos (warning: these videos do contain gratuitous swearing occasionally violence or jokes of a crude and/or sexual nature).

Essentially, this is an attempt to convince Mountain Sheep, as part of a forthcoming update, to include Egoraptor as a character for use in Minigore. While I have little confidence in the ability of an e-petition to convince anyone of anything, I think that it is a worth a shot to at least try.

So, please, drop by and support Egoraptor. While I'm sure Mountain Sheep (or Chillingo, or whoever handles payment) compensated him fairly for his work, it is my belief that he deserves a tribute within the game itself (besides the credits, of course).

Or, for you "tl;dr" people: Egoraptor's awesome, let's put him in Minigore.
12-14-2009, 10:28 PM
It seems like a great idea, and hopefully Mountain Sheep adds him.

On another note, characters the Behemoth created would be cool in Minigore. Like Alien Hominid, the Castle Crashers, etc. Why? Just cause I'm a fan. Will it happen? Probably not. Can I dream? Yes, yes I can.

12-14-2009, 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by V2daJ View Post
It seems like a great idea, and hopefully Mountain Sheep adds him.

On another note, characters the Behemoth created would be cool in Minigore. Like Alien Hominid, the Castle Crashers, etc. Why? Just cause I'm a fan. Will it happen? Probably not. Can I dream? Yes, yes I can.
In fairness, though, at least Egoraptor is related to Minigore and the whole iDevice gaming scene. And he's had previous dealings with Mountain Sheep, so hopefully they'd be more sympathetic to putting him in.

And, for the record, I'm not particularly optimistic that he'd get in. But, like you, I can dream.
12-15-2009, 12:38 PM
That would be really awesome to see Egoraptor in Minigore :]
12-15-2009, 12:43 PM
Great idea I'm all for putting Egoraptor as a playable character, actually I need to ask him if he wants to be in the game because it involves doing voice acting which is quite a bit of work and he's a very busy guy.

KingHunt - The Next Generation Slicing Game Lead designer
Bike Baron artist & co-creator
Minigore artist & co-creator
Ice Rage artist & co-creator
Death Rally game designer
12-15-2009, 12:52 PM
I'd love to see solid snake moar then egorapter though.
12-15-2009, 02:50 PM
Addressed at TimoVihola:

Yeah, from what I've read on his blog, he sounds like he's got a lot of work on his hands, between whatever his job might be, various flash projects, and other commitments. But it's good to hear that developers have an ear open to their fans.

Addressed to Chronical:

Well, Solid Snake is a licensed character, so the Mountain Sheep/Chillingo developers would have to obtain legal permission to use the character (and probably pay royalties) to Konami.
12-15-2009, 03:50 PM
Yes ! Bring on more and newer characters to Minigore ! The more the merrier

Currently beta testing : GUERRILLA BOB

Click here for all my AppStore genuine ratings and reviews
12-15-2009, 05:54 PM
Well, after hearing his great voice acting, watching Metal Gear Awesome, and seeing that Evan Hsuo got 2 characters, Egoraptor really deserves one. He didn't just make one line, he voice acted a ton of great ones.
12-15-2009, 06:08 PM
Post this on Twitter!

RT #Minigore Petition: A Tribute to Egoraptor #toucharcade http://bit.ly/5YQEEI

Last edited by viensanity; 12-15-2009 at 06:14 PM.