★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Veiled Games
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 51.3 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: The Ultimate multiplayer experience for the iPhone has arrived. Outnumbered is a 3D, multiplayer, survival adventure in which one player faces impossible odds, and the other commands the attacking forces.

One player takes the role of the hero. As the Omega Neurobot Eliminator, you battle against impossible odds and countless robotic enemies. The longer you survive, the farther you travel, the higher you score. Conserve your ammo for your 4 weapons, and collect rare munitions, buffs, and bombs.

The other player controls the oncoming hoards. View the world from a top down perspective, and control which of the six kinds of enemy neurobots are being spawned, and where.

When the hero is destroyed, the player's roles are reversed, and the player with the highest score wins!

Outnumbered is one of the first iPhone games built entirely around multiplayer gameplay. Challenge your friends in the room with you, and connect directly to their device.

Please note that this is a multiplayer game for two players in the same room. Outnumbered requires bluetooth and two player's with their own iPhone or iPod Touch. Compatible devices for multiplayer are the iPhone 3G, 3GS, and 2nd Generation iPod Touch and up.

To see more of Outnumbered, be sure to visit www.VeiledGames.com to watch videos of gameplay and read more!

VeiledGames's comments:

High Def. Trailer for Outnumbered:

High Def. Gameplay Tutorial for Outnumbered:

Good Evening Touch Arcade! Once upon a time you loved us for our smash hit Up There. But that was so long ago, and it seemed like we disappeared. Well, good news. We may have been quiet, but we certainly were busy. Our newest game Outnumbered has hit the app store! And to be honest, we're a little surprised! We submitted it so recently, Apple really rushed the approval on this one!

Outnumbered is a fully 3D game, built from the ground up with 2 player, competitive gameplay in mind. One player plays the ONE and attempts to travel as far as possible, while the other controls the masses of enemies in the role of MANY. When the ONE is destroyed, the roles are reversed, and the player with the highest ONE score wins.

If you do nothing else, you should really watch the trailer at the top of this page. It's unlike any iPhone game trailer I've seen yet, in terms of professional polish. 24 Hyper-realistic 3D iphones showing videos of the gameplay, swarming a dancing storm cloud, painted against an electircal maelstrom. Even if you don't buy the game, you'll enjoy watching that trailer, I promise

To head off some questions before their asked, here's a few FAQ's that I had in the thread for Upcoming Games about Outnumbered.

Q: Is there single player?
A: The Game is built around a full multiplayer experience, to be played between two players with two devices. In a pinch, yes, there is a solo version of the game (ONE play only, not MANY), but Outnumbered really shines when you're fighting your friends.

Q: How much am I looking to drop on this gem of a game?
A: Opening price will be .99 cents. How long we stay at 99 cents, and what we move to after that will be determined by how much more ramen is in our pantry.

Q: What devices does this work on?
A: Outnumbered uses bluetooth to connect, so multiplayer is limited to the iPhone 3G and 3GS and 2nd Gen iPod Touches and up. Unfortunatly, 1st gen iPod Touches and iPhones aren't invited to this party. We tried to make it work for you, but it just didn't end up happening. Consolatory hug?

Q: How long is a typical game?
A: For both players to play both roles, in our playtesting we found an average of 5 - 8 minutes for a full round. This is long enough to get invested in the game, but short enough that you don't have to make a day around it, and can get a round in while waiting for the bus.

Q: Is it any good?
A: Hell yeah! We like it

Q: Is multiplayer online or local?
A: Multiplayer is Local only. Online multiplayer, with the huge amount of traffic being sent back and forth (health, position, etc. of all the enemies and the ONE) is out of our budget for now. If this game is a success, it's certainly a possibility and something we will look into.

Q: Lite version? I don't see no stinking lite version.
A: That ones not out yet, and won't be for a little bit yet. When the lite version is released, it will allow the lite app to connect to a full app, so that only one of the two player needs to have purchased the app to play the game. We're working on getting that out soon.

You can get Outnumbered NOW from the App Store at: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/outnumbered-3d-multiplayer-survival/id344357957?mt=8

Check out our site for more info about this and our other games. I'll try and be around here as often as I can to answer questions, and just to see what you guys think of Outnumbered! That's what's great about Touch Arcade. Fans can tell developers directly what they like, and what they think should change. Can't wait to see what you guys thing!

12-15-2009, 01:50 AM
That is one elaborate trailer.

12-15-2009, 01:56 AM
Originally Posted by Hodapp View Post
Haha, thanks! I got carried away making it I think, but I figured people were probably tired of straining their eyes at an out of focus iphone being furiously tilted in a low light environment by the developer's cousin.

Outnumbered out NOW!
Follow us on Twitter @VeiledGames
12-15-2009, 01:56 AM
Originally Posted by Hodapp View Post
hawt. getting everyone at Aurora Feint to download this tomorrow and play over lunch!

- Jason Citron
- Founding Craftsman at Hammer & Chisel
12-15-2009, 01:59 AM

Unfortunatly, 1st gen iPod Touches and iPhones aren't invited to this party.

My son would have liked this a lot.

Good for him there are lots of games that work on the 1st gen Touch.

12-15-2009, 02:02 AM
i'm digging everything i've read and seen about this game, except the aiming scheme (the swipe over your target). Downloading now!

Currently Playing::Meteor Blitz, EW Jim, Boost 3D, COD: Zombies, Eliminate::
12-15-2009, 02:53 AM
great! i'll try it.
12-15-2009, 04:40 AM
Congrats! I've been wondering where you guys have been. Hope to see this take off. I'll give it a spin for sure.

plus+ scoreloop crystal : looby
agon openfeint gamecenter: loobylibby
12-15-2009, 07:45 AM
Nice! Thanks for the code! My first impressions:

At first, I watched the gameplay video (because my network had a slowdown somehow yesterday, so I couldn't watch the gameplay video here in the forums :/ ), it sounded AWESOME! The idea of having one player control one super powered unit and let another player attack him with hordes of low enemies is something I have never heard of before (I heard someone saying [ok I read someone's writing in the Appstore ] that Left4Dead has similar gameplay... I never had a chance to play Left4Dead, but it must be awesome but back to topic :P).

So I started Solo mode (my brother is still in school and I don't want to fight myself with his iTouch [I can't, I don't know his password :P]) and the first thing I missed was the possibility to choose to solo either as ONE or as MANY (these are the ingame titles, ONE=Superior Robot, MANY=Horde of minor but still cool robots). My guess was that making an AI for ONE would be too hard. Well, so I had to play ONE

Game started. I walked a bit, shot the first enemies. Then I thought about these four buttons at the right side of the interface... I guessed "These might be nice powerful weapons", clicked one of the 3 which were unselected, shot, no difference. I restarted the game after trying this multiple times, still no difference. Then I figured out that I need ammo for the non-standard weapons... This could be made clearer in the tutorial.

The graphics look cool and pretty clean. ONE looks cool, MANY's robots look cool, too.

One thing I would like to see added is a complete and detailed overview over the units, weapons and powerups. A detailed description how many life points each enemy and ONE has, how many bullets are shot by which enemy/weapon and how much damage is dealt by a bullet. What exactly do the powerups do (having it on a readable help page is better than having to watch the video again).

Another thing that needs to be refined is the changing of the viewing angle. A second control stick would be nice, so that for example walking backwards is possible.

I haven't had the chance to play vs a human player, but in my opinion this game has huge potential. If I had to rate it between 1 and 5, I would give it 3.5 at the moment.
12-15-2009, 09:30 AM
Great to have you back, guys! Instant buy!

Can't wait to try the multi-player.