★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: SciFly problem

01-13-2009, 06:25 PM
SciFly problem

I was playing SciFly( a futuristic dogfighting game which I would suggest checking out if you haven't) and I was 5 credits away from buying the last possible upgrade the game offered when I played a match and a problem happened where instead of getting about positive 30 credits, I got -1288490240 credits. I now have every upgrade but one, and would have to play it forever to get the last one, or I could probably delete the game and restart from the beginning. Should I devote my life to playing this game until I obtain the 1288490245 credits and have positive 175 credits so I can get the last upgrade, or just reinstall it and play the whole thing over again? Any suggestions?

If I could figure out how to get a picture off my iPhone I'd post a screenshot of my highly negative credit score.
01-13-2009, 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus View Post
I was playing SciFly( a futuristic dogfighting game which I would suggest checking out if you haven't) and I was 5 credits away from buying the last possible upgrade the game offered when I played a match and a problem happened where instead of getting about positive 30 credits, I got -1288490240 credits. I now have every upgrade but one, and would have to play it forever to get the last one, or I could probably delete the game and restart from the beginning. Should I devote my life to playing this game until I obtain the 1288490245 credits and have positive 175 credits so I can get the last upgrade, or just reinstall it and play the whole thing over again? Any suggestions?

If I could figure out how to get a picture off my iPhone I'd post a screenshot of my highly negative credit score.
lol, if your addicted enough to play till you get positive credits again go ahead. but I recomend re-installing the game, you'll lose all your progress but its better than the other option IMO.

Check out Randomness is green
some youtube comment:
Quote:
She's smart...
in a parallel universe, 100 billion years ago
01-13-2009, 06:37 PM
Send a message via ICQ to brewstermax Send a message via AIM to brewstermax Send a message via MSN to brewstermax Send a message via Yahoo to brewstermax
What kind of number is that? That number is slightly random. Contact the dev about it.

Thinking about it, I'd probably actually play until I had the money. I think that the game is too short anyway. I wish this had happened to me
01-14-2009, 07:45 PM
Send a message via AIM to jshmrsn
Hello,
I happen to be the developer of SciFly from Licentia Software. I am very sorry about all of these problems that have arisen in version 1.3.
Version 1.4 has just been released to the AppStore. It should prevent this problem from occurring again, unfortunately the only way around having a negative score is to reset it via a reinstall (as pablo19 suggested).

Lots more info on these bugs is available at http://www.licentiasoftware.com and http://www.licentiasoftware.com/forums

Thanks,
Josh Rosen