★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: iShoot look alike?

01-13-2009, 06:29 PM
iShoot look alike?

Hey, theres a game so similar to iShoot, that you play online, but i cant think of the name! Does anyone know what im talking about? I played it a few years ago, and it was almost the same thing, but with more weapons

Cobalt and Calcium- THE Coheed and Cambria fansite- NEW ALBUM COMING SOON!!!!

Waiting for- Bioshock, NHL 10, FIFA 10, Guerrilla Bob, NOVA, Sketch Nation
01-13-2009, 06:36 PM
Send a message via ICQ to brewstermax Send a message via AIM to brewstermax Send a message via MSN to brewstermax Send a message via Yahoo to brewstermax
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEDeliriumTrigger View Post
Hey, theres a game so similar to iShoot, that you play online, but i cant think of the name! Does anyone know what im talking about? I played it a few years ago, and it was almost the same thing, but with more weapons
Yes, I do, but can't think of the name, iShoot is most certianly based off of it, and it was really big on Addictinggames for a long time.

It is called Tanks. It's epic. And for the link

01-13-2009, 06:38 PM
Omg, you winnnnnnn! Thanks man!

01-13-2009, 06:39 PM
They all ripped off Gorillas!

PHARTGAMES
AutoMangle - 3D Vehicular combat
AlienMangle - 3D FPS WOOT!!!!
01-13-2009, 06:41 PM
Send a message via ICQ to brewstermax Send a message via AIM to brewstermax Send a message via MSN to brewstermax Send a message via Yahoo to brewstermax
I love iShoot. I don't have it, yet, but I do love the game. For only one reason. IT KNOCKED IFART OFF OF THE TOP SPOT. Thank you.

The story of iShoot is very odd, too. It has been out for months, and never gained traction. Then the lite version comes out, and it iShoots up the charts.
01-13-2009, 06:46 PM
There is another game similar to this, except its played with cannons on an island, i used to play it all the time on my computer but I cant think of what its called
01-13-2009, 06:47 PM
Ya, theres yet another one too lol, its a little more cartoonish, but fun nonetheless

01-13-2009, 06:52 PM
Theres also gunbound and worms. Two of the best.
01-13-2009, 06:54 PM
Ya, the game i posted about earlier was a miniclip.com game, i dont think its on the site anymore

01-13-2009, 06:55 PM
Send a message via AIM to istopmotion Send a message via MSN to istopmotion
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewstermax View Post
I love iShoot. I don't have it, yet, but I do love the game. For only one reason. IT KNOCKED IFART OFF OF THE TOP SPOT. Thank you.

The story of iShoot is very odd, too. It has been out for months, and never gained traction. Then the lite version comes out, and it iShoots up the charts.
Actually iShoot was in the top 80 or so games for about two days. That's how I found out about it (bought it the first day of release). I remember there were three other reviews, so I bought the game and left a review for it. I gave the developer suggestions and he listened and updated the app about a month or two later. It was a much better game after the update, but people just weren't buying it. They finally released the lite version and like you said, it shot up the charts.

I think it's actually a pretty cool story

Please follow me on Twitter!
I LOVE all Guitar Hero/Rock Band games. Gamertag is 'istopmotion' Add me if you want a challenge