★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Ipod Touch Game?

12-15-2009, 05:53 PM
Ipod Touch Game?

I am working on an ipod touch game using unity, and recently ran into a problem, Unity for Iphone development is only for the Mac, and so is the Iphone SDK and Xcode compiler (I have a PC). Does anyone know if there is a way to get the Iphone SDK and Xcode compiler on a PC? I'm running Vista, I don't know if that helps or not. Thanks,

Osmiral

Lightning Strike Games Development Blog
12-15-2009, 06:40 PM
Unfortunately, if you want ot create software for the iPhone at some point in the process a Mac is going to have to be involved. The iPhone SDK and Xcode are basically only for the Mac.

If you could virtualize Mac OS on Vista, that could work. I don't have any experience virutalizing OS X (I've run just about everyone OS on the planet in a VM at some point, but never OS X). But outside of that, I honestly don't think it can be done without a working OS X installation.

Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osmiral View Post
I am working on an ipod touch game using unity, and recently ran into a problem, Unity for Iphone development is only for the Mac, and so is the Iphone SDK and Xcode compiler (I have a PC). Does anyone know if there is a way to get the Iphone SDK and Xcode compiler on a PC? I'm running Vista, I don't know if that helps or not. Thanks,

Osmiral

Quorlan
12-17-2009, 06:00 AM
We currently have two types of iPod Touch games listed on the site. We have native application games that you install on your iPod Touch.We also have links to games that you can play through the safari web browser.Check out our iPod Touch Web Games for the safari games and every link will take you directly to the game.There are currently two ways to get iPod Touch Applications on your iPod.The other option to install native applications on your iPod Touch is jail breaking it.This allows you to install games without having to go through Apple.All of the games listed on the site will also work on your iPhone. You will need to jailbreak your iPhone for the native application games but web games will work by using your safari browser.Thanks.
12-17-2009, 10:17 AM
I can't tell if that's helpful or just plain rude.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
12-17-2009, 10:40 AM
Whoa?
Tht seems to be a wrong thread

Mis-quotes!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodSon View Post
The bottom two is where you can buy your bottom turrets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
at this point I should say we're not looking for anymore guys