★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Smash it Up! - release due in hours...

01-13-2009, 07:06 PM
Smash it Up! - release due in hours...

Thought you'd like to know that because of player feedback we have decided to rebrand All Stars Quarterback and relaunch the game. The new name is Smash it Up! which we all think better reflects the content of the game.

We'll be pulling All Stars Quarterback from the App Store in the next few hours so if you want to get your hands on a limited edition app you best get it now! It's still only $0.99 / 59p. Bargain ;-)

In other news good to see Apple have passed Payback for release - hopefully thats a solid precident for getting Car Jack Streets through without too many issues... the game is coming together very well but its still a while off, there are just so many cool things we want to add for iPhone! All the latest will be posted to our twitter and the Car Jack Facebook page.

Have a good day!
Paul

Latest: Funpark Friends
Coming soon: Car Jack Streets 2
Follow us and all our latest news on Twitter
01-13-2009, 07:09 PM
hey man u did not answer my question in twitter. does this new rebranding add any stuff to the game or is it just a renaming? thanks

I'M ON A MAC MOTHAF*@%!

Cloudcell, Plus+, Baseball Slugger, TTR: dannys95

01-13-2009, 07:19 PM
Give me time man, give me time!

This first 'update' is pretty straightforward so all we've done is replace the football with a brick and changed the name of the game as folks were complaining it didn't have much to do with American Football which in hindsight was a fair point. The whole game does seem to make more sense now and is much more consistent with the name etc.

The plan is that we will extend the game with more game modes, objects and environments if thats what players want and the game does well.... so make sure you feedback your thoughts here or on Twitter. Right now though its full steam ahead on Car Jack Streets so most of our focus is on that for the next month or so.

Cheers
P

01-13-2009, 07:19 PM
I like Quarterback "AS IS". Oh well things change. Thanks for the limited edition. Apple doesn't take the game off my synch page when discontinued does it?

GameCenter: rich_952000
I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
@dick_952000 Love TouchArcade? Hit up their Patreon
01-13-2009, 07:20 PM
Deleted

Check out Randomness is green
some youtube comment:
Quote:
She's smart...
in a parallel universe, 100 billion years ago

Last edited by pablo19; 01-13-2009 at 07:28 PM.
01-13-2009, 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul@Tag View Post
Give me time man, give me time!

This first 'update' is pretty straightforward so all we've done is replace the football with a brick and changed the name of the game as folks were complaining it didn't have much to do with American Football which in hindsight was a fair point. The whole game does seem to make more sense now and is much more consistent with the name etc.

The plan is that we will extend the game with more game modes, objects and environments if thats what players want and the game does well.... so make sure you feedback your thoughts here or on Twitter. Right now though its full steam ahead on Car Jack Streets so most of our focus is on that for the next month or so.

Cheers
P
lol ok.

I'M ON A MAC MOTHAF*@%!

01-13-2009, 07:22 PM
The game will only be removed from sale. If you have it already it won't get deleted from your iPhone!

In view of the fact we might do some updates for Smash it Up! send me PM and I'll send you a Promo code so you don't miss out on future improvements.

Cheers
P

01-13-2009, 07:24 PM
@Pablo19 - Maybe you could explain why doing this is a big issue?

01-13-2009, 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo19 View Post
Wait! are they the same game? if it is you are going to the blacklist my friend
im now believing ppl calling u dumb. just pm him and get a code. move on

I'M ON A MAC MOTHAF*@%!

01-13-2009, 07:26 PM
Send a message via ICQ to brewstermax Send a message via AIM to brewstermax Send a message via MSN to brewstermax Send a message via Yahoo to brewstermax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul@Tag View Post
The game will only be removed from sale. If you have it already it won't get deleted from your iPhone!

In view of the fact we might do some updates for Smash it Up! send me PM and I'll send you a Promo code so you don't miss out on future improvements.

Cheers
P
I just did. He was asking if you could redownload it later, I think. It is a bad idea, but it does make some sense, business-wise.