App description: 67% OFF - TIME LIMITED SALE! The year is 2016, and technological advancements have allowed us to control sea turtles to carry out underwater missions for the good of humanity. Using the sea turtles natural ability to swim long distances underwater, you must locate radioactive waste and label it for destruction.

A BEAUTIFUL 3D WORLD
A well-designed and graphically imaginative world beneath the sea! Explore the environment in three dimensions, diving into shipwrecks and wandering through underwater gardens.

EXPERIENCE LIFE BENEATH THE WAVES
For the first time ever, dive into the ocean and experience underwater swimming as a sea turtle.

INNOVATIVE MULTI-TOUCH SWIMMING INTERFACE
An ingenious use of the touch screen to control the turtle! Place your fingers in the middle of the screen, and sweep to the corners to propel your turtle in any direction.

CRYSTAL LEADERBOARDS, ACHIEVEMENTS & CHALLENGES
Players can see how they compare to other players in the world via a comprehensive scoring system, online leaderboards and achievements through the Crystal Social Gaming Community! Also, challenge your friends anytime anywhere!

Mission: Deep Sea is developed by Hiccup Studios and published by Chillingo Ltd

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

12-16-2009, 01:17 AM
Looks cool in the screenies and the video, but the review that someone left already on iTunes makes the game sound pretty mediocre.

12-16-2009, 01:22 AM
So it's out. I'll wait for impressions.
12-16-2009, 01:33 AM
Will post impressions shortly
12-16-2009, 01:35 AM
Damn Cant get this today it's 1:35!
12-16-2009, 01:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rylin View Post
Will post impressions shortly
Good! Will be waiting for it.
12-16-2009, 02:17 AM
Game Impressions

Mission: Deep Sea thus far is a very unique gaming experience both in terms of its innovative control scheme and its refreshing deep sea setting that hasn't really been seen yet on the iPhone. Your presented with a pleasant main menu with options to delve into the games' scenario-based story, video-based instructions on how to navigate the waters on the back of a turtle, high scores for how fast you complete each scenario and a short intro showing how the use of animals and other species have been used by man over the course of history.

At the beginning of each scenario your presented with an orientation screen which pitches you the current situation and your goals that need to be achieved which are represented in orange text.

Once the mission starts your thrust into the game from the back of your scientific friend and begin scouring the waters for said objectives. In the first scenario of the game, your tasked with finding 3 floating red barrels and bumping into them to attach a device that inflates a balloon that allows them to surface up to the water.

As the missions progress, you'll be tasked with swimming behind a huge manta ray and touching its back to attach a beacon. In another, you need to explore a plane wreck at the bottom of the ocean floor in search of missiles that have fallen off the aircraft.

Although I would love to see the developers increase the draw distance or have it as an option for 3GS/3rd Gen users in a future update, it's still a very enjoyable, almost relaxing experience. It's nice to play something refreshing and set in an environment that hasn't really been used as much as I'd like and for $2.99 you can't go wrong.

A few more images to end my impressions.

12-16-2009, 02:43 AM
nice impressions. i think i'm actually going to give this one a shot. it looks like the perfect game to kick back and get lost in right before bed.
12-16-2009, 02:48 AM
Great impressions, Rylin. Thank you for them

Question: Is that a time limit I see? Does it count up or down? And if it counts down, do you fail the mission when it reaches 0?

Is there a freeplay mode where you can just swim around? (a la Endless Ocean on Wii)
12-16-2009, 02:50 AM
So far all of the missions I've played are all on a timer of various times depending on the type of mission it is. Although a free play mode is something I hope the developers add on later pending enough feedback, it doesn't really hamper an already enjoyable game.