★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Sandlot Games
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 9.6 MB
  • Version: 1.0.1
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Slyder® is back with an all-new addictive adventure and the best part is - it's FREE!

Help Slyder find his way through a wealth of brain-teasing mazes. Along the way he'll meet friends and foes who will help him, or hinder his progress. Use your powers of logic to show Slyder the right way to the warp point and on to the next level.

Enjoy dozens of FREE levels in the included adventure and create your own maps to share with friends!

PLUS - Purchase additional level packs from within the game to continue the adventure!
12-16-2009, 04:40 AM
So... there's now two slyder games in app store?

12-16-2009, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaker View Post
So... there's now two slyder games in app store?

Yes. The other game is Slyder Adventures by Hudson and the main characters are very similiar looking. (I own both games) However, Slyder Adventures plays like Camletry (tilt the ball through a maze) and Super Slyder plays like some other puzzle games, where your character will move a direction until it hits a wall. You try to move him around and get to the goal.

Super Slyder...You can create your own levels and share them. There are also two 40 level add on packs for .99 each. I really thought this was going to be a game like Labyrinth where you had full control over where your guy goes. I am not a huge fan of these one direction until you hit a wall games.

This game is polished and looks nice but I am finding it pretty average in the fun department.
12-16-2009, 11:08 AM
Thanks for the comparison.
12-16-2009, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaker View Post
Thanks for the comparison.
Sure and just to add to that. The first 35 levels are so simple you can get through most of them without a redo. It does calibrate the controls at the start of each level, which is good but so far the game is way too easy.

Also, as of level 34 they were still adding new elements every couple of stages via a tutorial. This was okay at first but after a while, it just feels like too much.

There are no high scores for those that like that kind of thing. I will say that if this controlled like Labyrinth 2, I would probably like this a lot more.

EDIT:Level editor works great and is very easy to use. So, if you like this type of game and go into it knowing how it plays and that the first .99 is mainly a tutorial, you will have some fun. Not really a game for me.

Last edited by BazookaTime; 12-16-2009 at 11:37 AM.
12-16-2009, 11:37 AM
Hmm.. Sounds really weak compared to Snail Mail, which I love.
Hard to support if difficulty ramps up as slowly as you say.
12-16-2009, 11:51 AM
12-16-2009, 12:16 PM
Ok I played the online game for like 12 levels and it's ok for me. Nothing special, but it's rather cute, not bad for some casual distractions, though I've to agree it's feeling easy atm. Not sure if I can recommend it, try the online version first if you're interested.
01-28-2010, 09:23 PM
free now
07-02-2010, 02:12 AM
Just wondering if anyone knows what the situation with this game is and whether it's still supported or what...
Coz I just tried it out and went to Level Packs > Retail Packs to see if I could get more levels, but it took me to a screen where a loading wheel spun round for a bit, but then ultimately settled on a page that is totally blank. Nothing listed, nothing available to download...

(Please note, these are all my own opinions. Don't get all over my ass and lambast me for having an opinion different to yours, mmmkay?)